The proposed new link road.

From bins to boy racers, have your say on whatever makes your blood boil
RC

The proposed new link road.

Postby RC » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:40 am

The proposed new link road to run off the queensway into sidley that will ease the traffic on the A259 . I have looked at the plans an it seems to have adopted the one that will cause the less damage to the enviroment (if you can call a huge great scar across fields an woodland less damage ).
The bit that worries me is the area marked for development at the sidley end o the proposed new road!

Not only will we get a link road, but it looks like they are planning to obliterate a huge area o native woodland an farmland at the sidley end o the road.

If you have got one of the flyers they put through our doors to hand take a look.

At the sidley end o the proposed link road is a massive area marked out for development. I am sure the natives of sidley will be as horrified as i were to notice this. Our simple link road looks like it will explode outwards at the sidley end , with factories or housing estates. They dont mention what in the flyer.
That land is ancient farmland an woodland at the moment, its part of our heritage of the south east o england, an forms part o the ancient woodland that has covered this area since England split from the rest of europe to become it own island.
That land is sacred to our ancestors as part of the old dinsdale forest. Its been farmed throughout our history an according to the flyers is about to be covered in concrete .

This is sooo wrong_ _ _our heritage an native woodland is special. Our ancient forestry is riveled only by the heritage forest o the calidonian forest in the highlands o scottland. Its ancient an primal to our ancestors.
The south o england has more ancient forest than any other area o the uk. Our giant oaks, our silver lady o the forest the silver birch, our mature Hornbeam trees that set us apart from the rest o this concrete jungle.

I recognise the need for a link road adopting the most sympathetic route , but i cant for the life o me recognise the need to develope the land round the sidley end o the road. Thats just exploiting the new link road in my eyes. >:(

These hills are our turf, we are charged an hold a resposibility to protect them as natives , to hold them sacred as our ancestors would.

Are we going to let then get away with this? Are we going to let them just slip in this development area an cover our heritage an history with concrete?

RC

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: The proposed new link road.

Postby Geoff » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:16 am

We so badly need a link road but the agreed route is surely a joke.

The leaflet states that it will get rid of the congestion on Bexhill Road, but they are channelling it all up to the ridge which is already full at rush hour. All they are doing is moving the problem to another part of town in my opinion.

Not to mention the very valid points raised by RC above.

crazy_sussex_lad

Postby crazy_sussex_lad » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:25 pm

Hmmmmm, i'm really for the new link road and if Hastings and St Leonards needs to develop I think we need better transport links. The original by-pass planned route was even more of a joke than the current selected route though the Pebsham Valley, but I think that's about as sympathetic the route's going to get.
CSL :w00t:

Formally TPoH!

nosferatu

Postby nosferatu » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:51 pm

Why have comments on this dried up? Isn't anybody concerned about it anymore? We should be concerned about the development all along the route, but particularly that around towards Crowhurst. We will see, I think, Crowhurst disappear as a village.It's already started north of Queensway. How far will it go towards Battle, I wonder? Will we see Battle swallowed up in this wretched council's desire to see all green bits vanish for ever? How many houses will be built in this area? Isn't Hastings and St. Leonards developed enough already? How many more cars and people can this area cope with?

Insomniac

Postby Insomniac » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:29 pm

I'm guessing the lack of comments is due to this thread being started a few years back, when the forum was less used by regular posters and has slowly slipped away and forgotten about?

I still think chucking that amount of money on road that's going to cause congestions problems elsewhere is a complete joke. The ridge is bad enough during rush hour, especially along the ridge west. As I saw mentioned elsewhere, surely improving the A21 between here and the Tonbridge dual carriageway is more important?

I'm sure I read somewhere once that there were ideas to bypass both Hastings and Bexhill, starting off the marsh road somewhere and joining back up near Guestling? Look at other places along the coast, Eastbourne and Polegate have had their by-passes done, new A22 road straight into Eastbourne, makes travelling to and around Eastbourne a lot easier. Same with Brighton with the A27 bypasses.

www.twitter.com/afroleon

Richard

Postby Richard » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:09 am

Zippy123

Postby Zippy123 » Sun May 06, 2012 1:50 am

@Insomniac

Eastbourne and Pevensey vote Tory so get the bypasses. Hastings votes labour and gets sod all! :(

Return to “Locals have your say”