noisy , messy nasty nieghbours we need seroius help

From bins to boy racers, have your say on whatever makes your blood boil
Herring_Gull

Re: noisy , messy nasty nieghbours we need seroius help

Postby Herring_Gull » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:18 pm

For anti-social neighbours dial 08000854500 HBC

For Hastings police dial 08456070999

Record every example of anti-social behaviour where it affects you. Ensure when you ring the police / council and you receive some sort of crime number every time you are a victim.

Would it help to find out who the landlord is. Can you threaten to withhold any rent until action is taken?

Remember:

You do not have to live with this.

hanpet

Postby hanpet » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:23 pm

[quoted]
Herring_Gull wrote:
For anti-social neighbours dial 08000854500 HBC

For Hastings police dial 08456070999

Record every example of anti-social behaviour where it affects you. Ensure when you ring the police / council and you receive some sort of crime number every time you are a victim.

Would it help to find out who the landlord is. Can you threaten to withhold any rent until action is taken?

Remember:

You do not have to live with this.

[/quoted]

I am still living with a drug addict above me and nothing has changed, ive been logging things for 17 months now_ _ _..how long do i keep this log????_ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ _.my housing association are very unhelpful to the point that i am now treated like the nuisance neighbour, i know the man above is mentally disturbed and i get the feeling they are too scared to confront him and deal with the issue, various health officials have written on my behalf as its affecting my health and causing flare ups of my crohns disease and a skin condition_ _ _.i really am at the end of my tether! :cry:

Richard

Postby Richard » Tue May 01, 2012 9:05 am

drug addicts are hell for residents - they attract their junky friends and make a noise and needle/litter nuisance, not to mention the rest !!
If their flat is used for drug-taking by others then the Council/Police can remove them and board up the premises for a period, but even then they cam be let back in after the exclusion.

Might be useful to contact the department for professional standards for advice about what the Police are obliged to do to help you (each police station in each area has a DPS they have to answer to)

DPS CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM
22ND FLOOR EMPRESS STATE BUILDING
LILLIE ROAD
SW6 1TR

Tel. 020 8785 8666

also your local councillor may have contacts for help as they are used to dealing with such matters and can also complain to the council on your behalf.

Richard

Postby Richard » Tue May 01, 2012 10:45 pm

On second thoughts - perhaps best not to contact the DPS - they deal more with complaints about Police misbehaviour !!

Your local Councillor should be more than capable of pointing you in the right direction
Also there is an "antisocial behaviour" complaints team available for all residents who pay rent or lease property from the Council_ _ _

Olly

Postby Olly » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:26 am

[quoted]
hanpet wrote:
[quoted]
G.K. wrote:
If it's a noise problem then the local authority can help:

http://www.hastings.gov.uk/environmenta ... noise.aspx

[/quoted]

:w00t: they have never helped me and i mean the police,i have had the worst year of my life in my current flat,driving me to try to overdose,the law seems to always be on the side of the perpetrator,my housing association has had to put alarms on my windows and a fireproof bag over my letterbox as 1 of the people has a conviction for arson and has already set fire to the property above me.
[/quoted]

Plod will always but ALWAYS take the path of least resistance, meaning that if it's easier to 'go after' YOU than the perpetrators then they will. The only thing they can be depended on is to parrot the weasel words 'We take this kind of thing extremely seriously' (it's the police corporate message these days :laugh: ) then HAVING 'taken it seriously' they'll then do f*** all about it!! D'oh!!
ps: We need a 'd'oh' smiley here please.

Olly

Postby Olly » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:48 am

[quoted]
Kai Harris wrote:
. . . you should complain about it to the police.
[/quoted]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Oh, you're serious are you? Sorry! :blush:

Richard

Postby Richard » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:07 pm

[quoted]Olly wrote:
"Plod will always but ALWAYS take the path of least resistance, meaning that if it's easier to 'go after' YOU than the perpetrators then they will. The only thing they can be depended on is to parrot the weasel words 'We take this kind of thing extremely seriously' (it's the police corporate message these days ) then HAVING 'taken it seriously' they'll then do f*** all about it!! D'oh!!"[/quoted]

The Police are trained rather badly imho (or too much is expected of them)
Also they don't have the time to deal with people properly and take the easy way out (as said by Olly).
Additionally people don't know what to expect from the Police, if they have a problem, as there is no reference chart giving you any service standards.
Is this too difficult to arrange ?
probably not in any case.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Olly

Postby Olly » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:58 am

You obviously have more faith in them than I have, Richard - I think the Keystone Kops would be an improvement! :laugh:

drwatson

Postby drwatson » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:16 pm

I recently had serious issues with some fairly menacing very noisy neighbours who were openly drug dealing and the police in St Leonards , once informed were allover it, helpful, acted swiftly and dealt with the problem.

I found the entire experience professional and impressive. They followed everything up and kept me informed by email.

Ignoring anti social neighbours means the situation never improves.

Olly

Postby Olly » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:42 am

[quoted]
drwatson wrote:
I recently had serious issues with some fairly menacing very noisy neighbours who were openly drug dealing and the police in St Leonards , once informed were allover it, helpful, acted swiftly and dealt with the problem.

I found the entire experience professional and impressive. They followed everything up and kept me informed by email.

Ignoring anti social neighbours means the situation never improves.

[/quoted]

Thanks for that Doc, and it goes some small way to restoring my faith in the police. I just hope your name as the complainant hasn't got around.

Return to “Locals have your say”