noisy , messy nasty nieghbours we need seroius help

From bins to boy racers, have your say on whatever makes your blood boil
drwatson

Re: noisy , messy nasty nieghbours we need seroius help

Postby drwatson » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Just saying_ _ _..anyone suffering from this particular situation shouldn't suffer in silence. Not looking to make any enemies but it was horrendous situation that required action and reading this thread struck a cord.

Richard

Postby Richard » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:17 pm

Drug-dealing may be impossible to prove outside a case held in a Crown Court unless a suspect pleads guilty.
If they don't it and it goes to court it depends on the evidence the Jury has to examine.
Possession itself is easier to prove but again the accused has to plead guilty and it is not as serious a matter and carries different penalties.
A tenant may be removed from a property for violating a tenancy agreement but these things are rarely simple and straightforward and do we know if the police routinely inform landlords even if so-called drug-dealing (more likely possession) has been suspected, let alone been proved as above ?
I've not found the police to be particularly informative if it doesn't suit them.
Their attitude has always been "we will tell you (only) if you need to know".

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

newfie

Postby newfie » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:03 pm

Good luck Gordon. I have had experience with bad neighbours in social housing in the past -- the council were completely useless and did the least possible they could. It's a case of knowing how to get through the system as they all try to fob you off in order to minimise their own workload. Whatever you do, remain rational and calm (don't get angry/upset) with both the neighbours and the council/police. If you have an outburst then it will give them an excuse to blame you for the problem and ignore your complaint.

As others have said:
- keep a record of the exact time/date of every incident, exactly what happened and how it affected you (eg. loud music at 3am, unable to sleep, kids woken, contacted other flat but they were abusive, saying " ...", or "neighbour's rubbish dumped outside my front door")

Contact all of the following for help:
- your local tenants/residents association (the council should have contact details)
- your local councillor (council should have details if you don't know)
- your council - you need to find the people who deal with anti-social complaints about tenants
- your local MP
- the police (make sure you get a CRN/crime reference number for any incident like damage to your property, verbal abuse, threats of violence and so on

Find out what the complaints procedure is for the council. In some councils you have to make a complaint with an exact title in order for them to actually register it (another method they use to avoid accepting complaints).

Good luck - don't give up, you'll get there eventually.

OllyMkII

Postby OllyMkII » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:30 am

kai_harris wrote:If they are messing up in your space then you should complain about it to the police.

Yes, call the Plod and you'll find that they 'take this kind of thing extremely seriously' (that's their right-on Mission Statement :lol: ) then do bugger all about it. I don't know why we've got them!

OllyMkII

Postby OllyMkII » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:34 am

drwatson wrote:Just saying_ _ _..anyone suffering from this particular situation shouldn't suffer in silence. Not looking to make any enemies but it was horrendous situation that required action and reading this thread struck a cord.

It's a sign of the times, Doc - a sign of the times. The oafish scum are beginning to out-number us so we might as well get used to it. Islamic State will sort them out when it gets here!! :shock: :lol:

tcheerfool

Postby tcheerfool » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:58 pm

I guess I got lucky...

My partner and I moved in a house at the beginning of July and noticed the house opposite us looked abandoned. A sofa had been dumped in the backyard, along with some rubbish rotting away peacefully there and the glass of the front door had been replaced with a board.
Later, when I asked a neighbour what the score was with that house, he said drug addicts used to live there, making noise and leaving dogs unattended inside so the animals would bark their heads off at any time of the day or night until the whole lot got removed by the police. They've caused thousands of pounds of damage to the house and the landlord hasn't done anything about since. We would have moved earlier, we would have had druggies right on our doorstep... I can't repress a shudder just thinking about it :)

Return to “Locals have your say”