Town Centre

From bins to boy racers, have your say on whatever makes your blood boil
roy

Re: Town Centre

Postby roy » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:17 pm

I'm not well off I'm poor as l don't have a job, I can only press my face longingly at the windows of the lovely shops.

I think as insomniac says it's no worse than many other town centres and if you include the old town is a lot better than most

Ok my apologies if I have got it wrong,I agree about the town centre,I also have to be careful what I spend my money on, times are hard for sure.
I know that yates are wetherspoons are not everyones cup of tea but as far as im concerned those like me and maybe you too have to have somehere to go thats not too expensive if we want a night out,the other pubs can be too expensive for me.

Enjoy life.you never know when it will end.

Richard

Postby Richard » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:25 pm

It's perfectly true that other Town Centres dotted around the country are similar or worse than HTC
I do pity the staff in the "soulless chains" (example H.Samuel and Ernest Jones Jewellers) as they are on a minimal 18 hour contract, unless overtime is available
Only the manager or assistant manager/supervisor are on a full-weeks wage
These type of 'chains' have shareholders as an excuse to be ruthless with their employees :erm:

'Debenhams' in Hastings seems a little out of touch - wonder what they make money out of in competition from cheaper shops nearby?

twiggle

Postby twiggle » Wed May 22, 2019 6:34 pm

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'll have a go. Travelled on the 98 bus to Eastbourne yesterday and couldn't believe all the small groups of street drinkers we saw as we travelled around the town and along the sea front. The biggest was in the sunken gardens along the front of Robertson Terrace. There must have been 15/20 of them with empty cans thrown on the ground around them. Then smaller groups along the front on the seats on the prom. What a great image that presents to the grockles, doesn't it?

Return to “Locals have your say”