Bring back the Hippies !"!

From bins to boy racers, have your say on whatever makes your blood boil
Richard

Bring back the Hippies !"!

Postby Richard » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:36 pm

Whatever happened to Hippy tranquility, peace and friendliness??
Was it killed off by the mobile phone or the cheap alcohol making us all more "visible" in the street - to the annoyance of others peacably going about their business.

Society is changing fast with the current economic climate and I particularly dislike the way in which people feel free to scream abuse at others for the least provocation, I know this is not confined to Hastings but I have encountered it lately_ _ _

In the hospital I am told that staff do not enter into conversations with the public, as a general rule, because they have experience of volleys of abuse if they do - what is all that about?
Then there are the unruly and abusive kids bred by families who have different values, based on the mentality of :
"I'll go to school and scream at the teacher if they upset my Johnny"
The youngsters who hurl abuse at anyone in the street who has the temerity to challenge their "in your face" behaviour.
I think it boils down to intolerance of criticism or anyone who encroaches upon their territory and their supposed 'God-given-right' to do whatever they want in public ??
This is encouraged by the parents and we see the results!!
:(

Return to “Locals have your say”