Hastings to Bexhill Link Road

From bins to boy racers, have your say on whatever makes your blood boil
Geoff
Site Admin

Hastings to Bexhill Link Road

Postby Geoff » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:20 am

Detailed Link Road plans below for anyone who is interested in taking a peek_ _ _

[url=../forums/sf_attachments/hblr_map.pdf'target='_blank]Map of Route[/url]

[url=../forums/sf_attachments/hblr_overview_key.pdf'target='_blank]Overview Map and Key for all maps[/url]

[url=../forums/sf_attachments/hblr_map_link_rd_and_a259_3a_3.pdf'target='_blank]Bexhill End (A259)[/url]

[url=../forums/sf_attachments/hblr_map_sidley_3a_4.pdf'target='_blank]Sidley[/url]

[url=../forums/sf_attachments/hblr_map_actons_farm_3a_5.pdf'target='_blank]Acton's Farm[/url]

[url=../forums/sf_attachments/hblr_map_hillcroft_farm_3a_6.pdf'target='_blank]Hillcroft Farm[/url]

[url=../forums/sf_attachments/hblr_map_adams_farm_3a_7.pdf'target='_blank]Adams Farm[/url]

[url=../forums/sf_attachments/hblr_map_adams_farm_3a_8.pdf'target='_blank]Adams Farm 2[/url]

[url=../forums/sf_attachments/hblr_map_hastings_section_3a_9.pdf'target='_blank]Hastings End (Queensway B2029)[/url]

Richard

Re: Hastings to Bexhill Link Road

Postby Richard » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:26 pm

Thanks Geoff !!

My neighbour was involved relating to protests over this road :
There is also a dispute over whether the site of the 1066 Battle (still debated and uncertain) may be disturbed.
I can't believe it is set to cost over GBP86-93 million (estimate) to build 3 miles of road
"nearly half of which will be paid for by local taxpayers"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... e-hastings

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-20960487

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:37 pm

Very mixed opinions from locals on this one. Seems about 50/50 for and against as a rough guess. Over 100 comments on our facebook post in under 24 hours goes to prove how strongly everyone feels about it.

Personally I can see both sides of it, benefits, future bottlenecks, better alternative routes and the environmental impact. Jury's out for now!

roy

Postby roy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:42 pm

I think in the short term it will be a plus,but it will end up congested like the 259 in the not too distant future.I also have mixed feelings about the loss of the beautiful combe haven area and the propsed building of thousands of homes which lets face it will bring more cars onto the road and more congestion.

Enjoy life.you never know when it will end.

Charlotte

Postby Charlotte » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:49 am

Bring it on! Lets get the thing built!

Richard

Postby Richard » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:58 am

for sure something has to be done:
Hastings' new business district called 'Priory Quarter' has seen the building, of fairly large office blocks, between the station and Robertson Street for the last few years.
They are what you might call 'carbuncle style' seen as vital to attract quality business into Hastings.and being developed by a company called 'Sea Change Sussex'
Special new project Government loans of GBP7 million are being spent in Hastings for the first time in the country from a 'pot' called 'Growing Places Fund'
Latest demolition is currently underway opposite the station.

I suppose it would be foolish to build new spaces to attract more 'outside' business without some stab at improving the road system - for better or for worse!!

Michael

Postby Michael » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:58 pm

Heard a couple of blokes chatting in the Trader yesterday, one of them was saying something about an Edwardian viaduct being demolished that could have been used as a link road and that it cost an absolute fortune to get rid of something that would have been useful. Sorry if I'm being a bit vague here but someone reading this maybe able to throw some light on the subject.

Allen

Postby Allen » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:25 pm

They probably meant the old Crowhurst railway viaduct:

Pathe News

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:47 pm

A little bit about the viaduct (known locally as the "Seventeen Arches") at the bottom of our railways history page.

Crowhurst Viaduct

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:32 pm

Back to the Link Road, here's the BBC news report on protestors and info about the link road in general_ _ _

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-20962794

Return to “Locals have your say”