Where are all these jobs ?

From bins to boy racers, have your say on whatever makes your blood boil
Derek Jempson

Re: Where are all these jobs ?

Postby Derek Jempson » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:08 am

If we are honest with ourselves, I think we would have to admit that we all have fixed opinions on any given subject, irrespective of age. For most of us, those opinions can be modified by reasoned argument, but probably not by very much. It's rare for someone to do a complete u-turn, for example, for a Catholic to become an atheist.

jules

Postby jules » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:27 pm

I must say that the lack of reasonable local jobs in the Hastings area is potentially a concern for the future for me. I am lucky(?) to have a decent job in London, which will pay my intended mortgage to enable me to make the move to Hastings, I certainly will have to commute to allow me to live in Hastings and continue paying it!

Ideally, I would like to move to a local job should yet another reorganisation make the decision for me, but I keep an eye out and haven't seen anything, although I daresay I could commute to Brighton or the like_ _ _

Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:34 pm

Derek, we all hold core-beliefs and modify these according to what we want to hear, whether we are open-minded enough to accept that we may not always be right in our beliefs remains to be seen.

jules - you need to look into the costs of moving home and how to avoid buying a property that may well be more exciting but may cost a lot of time and money in the long run.
Get advice from local builders first and avooid buying a "Dog"

As for jobs in Hastings - they are working on it with plenty of new Office towers near to the rail station and Insurance companies like 'Saga' setting up shop but much remains to be done to attract large businesses into a town strangled by poor road and rail systems, Brighton by contrast is easily achieved and attractive to businesses.
What does strike me is the total absence of any 'Dry-Cleaners' in the Hastings town area, perhaps a business opportunity?

Mymblesdaughter

Postby Mymblesdaughter » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:59 pm

There seems to be a dry cleaners in Sainsburys. Supermarkets seem to now have drycleaners, opticians etc in their stores it's crazy. How can the high street compete?

roy

Postby roy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:09 pm

Drycleaners on Bohemia road ,I used it recently

Enjoy life.you never know when it will end.

Return to “Locals have your say”