Security Matters

From bins to boy racers, have your say on whatever makes your blood boil
Richard

Security Matters

Postby Richard » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:33 am

I was pleased to see the tall Security man back in Morrisons recently.
It is 18 months since he broke his hip chasing a shoplifter last year.

Shame on Morrisons and his own employer for not supporting him financially during this time.
Apparently he was arriving to work in January 2012 but 5 minutes before signing on at Morrisons he was alerted to a shoplifter running away from the Store and gave chase only to fall and break his hip.
He suffered potentially fatal DVT and ulceration and only received 6 months statutory 'Sick Pay'
He is on the mend and working now but what a shame that employers/contracters don't give a toss.

roy

Re: Security Matters

Postby roy » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:27 pm

Very sorry to hear this,I work in security and its a dangerous job at times,but he should not have chased the culprit outside of the store,he wont be coverd by his employers insurance and its not part of his or hers duties.still good luck to the guy,hope he comes trhrough it all.

Enjoy life.you never know when it will end.

Richard

Re: Security Matters

Postby Richard » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:24 am

I think it's just a normal knee-jerk reaction to chase someone (if your mate you know from work is in difficulty and asks for your assistance) - apparently that was the case.
He was acting in the spirit of the situation and was basically disrespected for his valliant efforts - to my mind this is plain wrong and shame on both employers.
I accept what you say is technically correct but I'm not impressed one little bit by employers playing by the book to save themselves a few quid.

Return to “Locals have your say”