Post Office Relocation to WHSmith

From bins to boy racers, have your say on whatever makes your blood boil
Richard

Re: Post Office Relocation to WHSmith

Postby Richard » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:36 pm

WHS as a company has survived by changing with the times and is still functioning and the share price has risen rather a lot over the last few months.
_ _ _but the shop at Priory Meadow is another matter, you have to go looking for staff at the Queens Road end of the store and the busy end - at the 'Mall' - always has queues.
The P.O. counter could go at the Queens road end but I agree there is not much room even now.

I hope they don't mess it up !!
It might have been more sensibly placed at the local lending library (unless that is closed down next)

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

nosferatu

Postby nosferatu » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:47 pm

On the subject of WH Smith not doing very well in Priory Meadow, I did hear a couple of years back that there were maybe only 3 or 4 shops in the Priory Meadow that were actually doing well. The rest were there purely to have a presence in Hastings, being financed by the profits of their other branches in more prosperous places.Perhaps Smiths falls into this category.

Aren't there plans to move the library and enlarge it, Richard? I'm sure I recall reading about this somewhere recently.

Richard

Postby Richard » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:23 pm

hi there nosferatu,

as far as I understand it the Library has bought the building next door @ 12. Claremont and is relocating the Register Office up at Bohemia to that building.
The actual Library is to move over different floors at its current location and will incorporate the Children's Library, which makes some sense.

http://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/libraries/ ... stings.htm

not sure how far the process has progressed yet_ _ _

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Return to “Locals have your say”