pdsa

From bins to boy racers, have your say on whatever makes your blood boil
nannygee

pdsa

Postby nannygee » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:27 pm

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN AN ANIMAL GETS HURT AND YOU ARE A PENSIONER OR ON BENeFITS USUALY YOU GET A FORM FROM YOUR LOCAL VET AND FILL IT IN AND TAKE IT TO THE VET AND THEN YOU CAN GET REDUCED FEES BUT CHASE VETS ARE NOT DOING THIS ANY MORE SO YOU GO TO COOPERS AND THEY HAVE A WAITING LIST THAT YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED ON BECAUSE ITS TOO MUCH I WROTE TO THE HEAD OFFICE OF THE PDSA TO ASK THEM WHAT DOES ONE DOI RECIEVED A LETTER BACK SAYING SORRY BUT THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO BUT THIS WEEK IN THE OBSEVER THE PDSA SHOP IN ST LEONARDS ARE ASKING US FOR ALL OUR UNWANTED XMAS PRESENTS THEY NEED MONEY HOW NICE OF THEM IF YOU HAVE NO CAR AND NO MONEY AND HAVE TROUBLE WALKING OR HOMELESS THATS IT DONT SAY YOU SHOULDNT HAVE DOGS IF YOU CANT AFFORD THEM MINE ARE RESCUE DOGS WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT THIS WHY WAS THE PLACE THEY HAD FOR HURT ANIMALS ETC SHUT DOWN

Richard

Re: pdsa

Postby Richard » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:23 pm

Hello nannygee

Although there is no NHS for animals there are some charities that may be able to assist financially those owners who are on certain benefits:

BVA

Blue Cross

Dogs Trust

RSPCA

All provide some veterinary care for people on state benefits. There are other charities that provide services such as free neutering and low cost vaccination.
Certain people can also try the Tailwaggers Club Trust, who may be able to help with veterinary bills for pensioners and those on certain benefits when ill health, a new domestic situation or financial hardship hit.

I am sorry the Hastings vets you contacted are being unhelpful, perhaps the people locally who provide homes for 'rescue' dogs or cats should be able to provide more help.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Mymblesdaughter

Re: pdsa

Postby Mymblesdaughter » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:29 pm

Some vets will also let you pay in instalments so might be worth asking you vet if they offer that option.

Return to “Locals have your say”