Inappropriate driving or dodgey vehicles

From bins to boy racers, have your say on whatever makes your blood boil
malagoo

Inappropriate driving or dodgey vehicles

Postby malagoo » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 am

I find it offensive and downright dangerous not using indicators on roundabouts or when turning. It cannot be that 50% of road users in Hastings have faulty indicators. Traffic in this town has increased substantially over the years and you expect to queue at some junctions just because of the volume of traffic these days, but things would run a lot smoother if everybody used their indicators. I feel for the motorcyclists of this town, who not only have to be aware of potholes, manhole covers, white lines (in the wet), but now bad drivers, who seem unaware that the machine they are in charge of can also kill people by not using their blinkers.

Derek Jempson

Re: Inappropriate driving or dodgey vehicles

Postby Derek Jempson » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:44 am

It's not just at roundabouts where some drivers feel that signalling is not required. There are a number of left turns in the town where the left turn is more or less a straight continuation of the road being travelled. They are left turns because the road markings indicate that the main road turns to the right, so even if the driver doesn't actually turn the wheel to the left, a signal should still be given.

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:08 pm

Derek Jempson wrote:There are a number of left turns in the town where the left turn is more or less a straight continuation of the road being travelled.

A classic example being as you go up the hill towards what used to be the Langham. Not quite so bad now theirs a mini roundabout in place.

Derek Jempson

Postby Derek Jempson » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:29 pm

Another is the left turn from Battle Road into Hollington Old Lane near the site of the old Tivoli Tavern. It is clearly a left turn, but I have lost count of the number of times, when crossing the junction on foot, that I have had a near miss by a car whose driver failed to signal.

Return to “Locals have your say”