Green Waste Collection

From bins to boy racers, have your say on whatever makes your blood boil
Richard

Green Waste Collection

Postby Richard » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:37 pm

For those of us unable to drive to the nearest approved dumping site does anyone know if the council still collect "Green Waste" i.e. garden clippings and similar?
I see that here is a page on the council website purporting to offer a service but I have never seen any of the 'Brown Bins' in evidence:

http://www.hastings.gov.uk/environment_ ... te_scheme/

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: Green Waste Collection

Postby Geoff » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:52 pm

I have a brown bin. It costs £40 a year and is collected once a fortnight. Up to you if you would rather take garden rubbish to the tip yourself or pay the money for the council to collect it. To be honest the bin is never big enough and I find myself taking stuff to the tip as well. Such is life :?

Richard

Re: Green Waste Collection

Postby Richard » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:24 am

thanks, Geoff!
I only asked because my neighbour was complaining about the lack of any collection service, as he had never heard of anything, despite living here a number of yeras.
But once a fortnight, in the summer especially, and a small bin, is not enough to be useful, probably.
The council states the £40 annual fee makes sure that residents who do not have a garden, who home compost already, or do not wish to use this service do not pay for it through their council tax.
This seems a bit of a disincentive to recycle as I bet everyone is charged for pink bag recycling ??

continue drip-feeding green waste into the black bins then !!

Return to “Locals have your say”