The Worst of Hastings

From bins to boy racers, have your say on whatever makes your blood boil
Richard

The Worst of Hastings

Postby Richard » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:16 pm

The 'Druggies' in Cornwallis Gdns., up above 'Holy Trinity'?

roy

Re: The Worst of Hastings

Postby roy » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:42 pm

Dog poo,alcoholics,beggars.

OllyMkII

Postby OllyMkII » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:41 am

roy wrote:Dog poo,alcoholics,beggars.

I couldn't agree more; being a distance walker - especially through the Country Park - I find that I dare not take my eyes off the ground ahead of me: there's nothing more revolting than having to scrape it out of the deep cleats of my hiking boots when I get home. It affects my quality of life so much that I can't help having an intense hostility toward dog owners, and ignore them when they bid me the time of day. Trouble with that is that the responsible ones think I'm a miserable git, and I'm not.

End of rant. (for now!!)

OllyMkII

Postby OllyMkII » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:36 am

Rant Part Deux

Coming back down the East Hill steps very early in the morning of the day before yesterday, an incident occurred which exemplifies my 'case': on nearly every flight of steps was a deposit, or secondary signs of one on the edge of some of the steps, where others had stepped in some and had tried to scrape the worst of it from their shoes. Two individuals and their dogs were coming up; the first one said Good Morning and I ignored him: the second said the same, and after seeing a pile of the 'unspeakable' on the flight we were standing on I was spontaneously compelled to ask her 'Have you got your dog bags with you?' 'What's it got to do with you?' she said, with hatred in her face. Pointing to the deposit mentioned above I responded 'That's what it's got to do with me!' Protesting that it wasn't her dog that had done it, she opened a bum bag revealing some plastic bags in it, thereby 'proving' ( :?: ) that she picks up. Thinking to myself 'Yeah right, they all say that!' I then said 'Yes, but do you use them - especially when there's nobody around who witnessed the event'?' I was then treated to a diatribe about how she routinely picks up various types of rubbish, suggesting that I should do likewise. And with that we parted company, the man calling out after me - until I was almost out of earshot - how rude I am. They might have been responsible - some are - but their unremitting aggression made me recall the (paraphrased) saying 'Methinks they do protest too much.' I'm afraid the experience just proved yet again my belief that the vast majority of dog owners are selfish, lazy, and anti-social.

roy

Postby roy » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:03 pm

I have to agree with you about irresponsible dog owners,this town seems to be full of them ,most seem to be thick as two planks or just plain ignorant ,they give the minority a bad name. :cry:

Richard

Postby Richard » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:28 am

The thing that has me worried is the kids who suddenly whiz past along the pavement on a bike or skateboard.
A fraction of misjudgement would send an elderly pedestrian to the ground with serious consequences.
Same in the Parks (e.g. Alexandra) most people on bikes are families with kids being trained to ride sensibly but the odd kid shooting past without warning is a real menace.

I guess there are no rules, certainly no rules in the Park I can find anywhere.

roy

Postby roy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:19 pm

Richard wrote:The thing that has me worried is the kids who suddenly whiz past along the pavement on a bike or skateboard.
A fraction of misjudgement would send an elderly pedestrian to the ground with serious consequences.
Same in the Parks (e.g. Alexandra) most people on bikes are families with kids being trained to ride sensibly but the odd kid shooting past without warning is a real menace.

I guess there are no rules, certainly no rules in the Park I can find anywhere.

Yeh its dog eat dog aint it lol

Richard

Postby Richard » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:27 pm

Not sure about that Roy, but It's certainly selfish behaviour, coupled with ignorance of the potential danger to others !!

roy

Postby roy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:50 pm

Richard wrote:Not sure about that Roy, but It's certainly selfish behaviour, coupled with ignorance of the potential danger to others !!

Agreed Richard.

dreamhack

Postby dreamhack » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:44 pm

OllyMkII wrote:Two individuals and their dogs were coming up; the first one said Good Morning and I ignored him

Lol, people who don't own dogs are so polite! ;)

OllyMkII wrote:after seeing a pile of the 'unspeakable' on the flight we were standing on I was spontaneously compelled to ask her 'Have you got your dog bags with you?' 'What's it got to do with you?' she said, with hatred in her face. Pointing to the deposit mentioned above I responded 'That's what it's got to do with me!' Protesting that it wasn't her dog that had done it, she opened a bum bag revealing some plastic bags in it, thereby 'proving' ( :?: ) that she picks up. Thinking to myself 'Yeah right, they all say that!' I then said 'Yes, but do you use them - especially when there's nobody around who witnessed the event'?' I was then treated to a diatribe about how she routinely picks up various types of rubbish, suggesting that I should do likewise. And with that we parted company, the man calling out after me - until I was almost out of earshot - how rude I am. They might have been responsible - some are - but their unremitting aggression made me recall the (paraphrased) saying 'Methinks they do protest too much.' I'm afraid the experience just proved yet again my belief that the vast majority of dog owners are selfish, lazy, and anti-social.

You just went off on one about something they might or might not have done just because they had dogs with them, I think you were in the wrong here: you had a go at them based on an assumption only, because they were dog-owners, which is pretty rude to be honest. You can't let that experience "prove" anything further about dog-owners - if you start having a go at random dog owners, and feeling righteous just because they weren't exactly delighted by aggression from someone who just thinks they've done something wrong, you're kidding yourself... You were the one who behaved anti-socially in that case.

Return to “Locals have your say”