Lost property on bus

From bins to boy racers, have your say on whatever makes your blood boil
Sall84

Lost property on bus

Postby Sall84 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:53 pm

Yes, I know its her fault, but why did my daughter not tell me until this morning that she'd left her bag on the bus last Friday, with her PE kit in it? We've had all weekend to get a new one, so she's had to go to school without her PE kit.
She's juts texted me to tell me she had to do the lesson in her knickers. Although its her own bloomin' fault, but I'm thinking in this day and age that's a bit out of order?

Derek Jempson

Re: Lost property on bus

Postby Derek Jempson » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:03 am

Yes, it's totally out of order - it amounts to public humiliation. I would complain bitterly if I were you. What would it have mattered if your daughter missed one PE lesson?

Richard

Postby Richard » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:58 pm

Basically, I think if you are seriously upset you should ask the Head what is the school's policy on this.
It appears likely that the teacher was just telling the child, especially if they were quite happy about it, to do P.E. lessons in their underwear instead.
If the child was threatened for non-compliance, you might have some grounds for complaint.
Since children have little embarassment below a certain age, it otherwise depends whether you feel upset and protective and the child feels humiliated or is just playing up, knowing your views.

Sall84

Postby Sall84 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:54 pm

I'm not that upset about it, just surprised in this day and age it would happen! She was fairly embarrassed, but she won't be losing her kit again!

Return to “Locals have your say”