The Palace

From bins to boy racers, have your say on whatever makes your blood boil
seahermit

Re: The Palace

Postby seahermit » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:19 pm

P.S I can see why some people would not venture into some of the other town-centre pubs - pretty awful and maybe one reason the Weatherspoon one fills the gap as a default place to get a decent drink!

Better not mention any more names but some of the other pubs/bars are extremely rowdy and seem to get a bit of trouble. I know of several people who have been banned from Weatherspoons who have then gravitated to the competitors!

For some reason there is a dearth of decent pubs in the centre - the Old Town pubs of course are great and a completely different experience.

Richard

Postby Richard » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:24 pm

I don't go out to pubs a lot, full stop.
I don't want a rowdy experience, I want to feel to be an individual and on that point we may well depart.
I don't want to be what labels, roles, stereotypes, definitions, or other preconceived categories that people may try to fit me into.
Hastings excels at this and that is the reason why I love Hastings.
Sartre and Heidegger's musings on existentialism may or not be relevant in all this.

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:17 am

I think my point was that I and some others don't want a rowdy experience either ..

You don't go out to pubs a lot and yet at the Palace "some natty dressers are to be seen there and I find it both interesting to be in such company and feel at ease". I think I follow you ...!

I don't know a lot about Heidegger. Does that come in draft or only in bottles? Just joking ..

Richard

Postby Richard » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:34 am

heidegger beer.png
heidegger beer.png (119.83 KiB) Viewed 4509 times

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:26 pm

So Heidegger is in fact drunk! Best keep away ..

Return to “Locals have your say”