St Helens Road Arson Attack?

From bins to boy racers, have your say on whatever makes your blood boil
Richard

St Helens Road Arson Attack?

Postby Richard » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:36 am

I heard extremely loud and disturbing male voices screaming/shouting early this morning along St Helens Road, lower end and across into the Park at around 3 am today.
I didn't bother greatly as it has happened before but this time it sounded excessively noisy, I was half-asleep anyway but perhaps I should have called the Police.
At around 4 am a close neighbour had his large wooden front garden 'bunker' burned badly by what looks like some sort of arson attack, possibly related (or not) to the disturbance in the vicinity at around the same time.
If it were the people making the disturbance who also carried out the 'attack' on my neighbour's property shortly afterwards then it sounds particularly brazen and bold and why would people be rampaging around and setting fire to property?
All a bit alarming and deliberate random or targeted attack is the next concern.

Two Police cars are still parked up along the road...

northants1066

Re: St Helens Road Arson Attack?

Postby northants1066 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:13 pm

Richard wrote:I heard extremely loud and disturbing male voices screaming/shouting early this morning along St Helens Road, lower end and across into the Park at around 3 am today.
I didn't bother greatly as it has happened before but this time it sounded excessively noisy, I was half-asleep anyway but perhaps I should have called the Police.
At around 4 am a close neighbour had his large wooden front garden 'bunker' burned badly by what looks like some sort of arson attack, possibly related (or not) to the disturbance in the vicinity at around the same time.
If it were the people making the disturbance who also carried out the 'attack' on my neighbour's property shortly afterwards then it sounds particularly brazen and bold and why would people be rampaging around and setting fire to property?
All a bit alarming and deliberate random or targeted attack is the next concern.

Two Police cars are still parked up along the road...

Was there not an arson attack several years ago in St Helens Road where some children were killed and nobody has ever been convicted?

Rockanore

Postby Rockanore » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:10 pm

I think that was Stonefield Road?

Richard

Postby Richard » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:39 pm

I have not heard anything about this whatsoever but it sounds dreadful.
Is there any information anywhere that mentions this incident?

Return to “Locals have your say”