3-sided Clock on The Town Hall, Queens Road

From bins to boy racers, have your say on whatever makes your blood boil
1 quart

3-sided Clock on The Town Hall, Queens Road

Postby 1 quart » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:45 pm

In my opinion this attractive and useful clock was perfectly placed and always accurate
Over 2 years ago it was removed and much to my inconvenience it wasn't because of maintenance, it was just removed
I can't think of a reason why, perhaps it was stolen, perhaps it was too much of a drain on the budget, perhaps mobile phones outvoted it
Where is it now i wonder, and what other communal clock may i stand under when i meet my blind-dates?

Richard

Re: 3-sided Clock on The Town Hall, Queens Road

Postby Richard » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:15 pm

Not sure about 3-sided, there were two clocks that were removed allegedly because of maintenance-cost issues.
The council can't even run a clock - that says it all really.

1 quart

Re: 3-sided Clock on The Town Hall, Queens Road

Postby 1 quart » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:10 pm

thanks, and how observant of me thinking it was 3-sided, although i obviously took the clock/s there for granted i really wish someone had fought for their corner
the clock on the Old Town Hall on High Street has been restored and recently revealed gleaming from under scaffolding and lots of insurance
so you are right, our council can't even run a clock, not just for me anyway, but when it's a clock on a 'Town Hall' that's being showcased for future rental income they can appoint the finest of them all

Return to “Locals have your say”