Spyway School

Looking for info on Hastings & St Leonards past times. Post here!
local_lass

Re: Spyway School

Postby local_lass » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:32 pm

i know before it became Spyway it was Hollington Park School.

Planning permission has been requested to demolish what is left to build 30 new houses in its place. i think its only a library block left, or was.

sunny

Postby sunny » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:42 pm

Thats the name!!! been wondering for years.

local_lass

Postby local_lass » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:48 pm

There is so little about the place which can be found on the net. Perhaps because of its shocking end? I don't know.

Were you there when it was closed down all of a sudden??

I remember when i went looking there was still stuff everywhere. walls were down and inside you could still see desks chairs bookcases all sorts. like it got evacuated one day but no one was ever allowed to go back. what actually happened?

sunny

Postby sunny » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:42 am

Yes dear History is only written by victors.

Not a shocking end- the typical irreversible downward spiral that ensues all flights of perverse fantasy.

No I was not there at the end, I left at the beginning of the end. Unscathed, and frankly oblivious to the magnitude of destruction and malice. Sinister intricacies not very apparent to a mere lad like me. However, there were others; namely other teachers that were well aware and possibly co-conspirators. Including Henry. (dont remeber his last name- perhaps someone else can fill in)

Since you ask; and we must expose these things to avoid repeat; the official word on the street is that Norman Wingfield was fondling children. Although no authority on the matter; I doubt that was all. After all, foundling is a means to some end. (No pun intended). While on a trip to Paris, I noticed that he had fallen asleep with his hands down a kids pants. It was one of his 'privileged'- favorite. "Norman's privileged' would disappear in his room in the evening and emerge the next morning 'cranky'. Thats all we ever saw.

Yes he ruined the lives of those and possibly deprived others of a good education. And the livelihood of many teachers that had devoted a lifetimes work.

On the lighter side; the falling asleep with hands in pants, incident does lead one to believe that it might have been just that, as in something therapeutic. Nevertheless, I could not imagine falling asleep with my hands down a woman's pants_ _ _.on a bus to Paris no less_ _ __ _ _not even on the third bottle of Taittinger

I don't wish Norman well, even absent of the pedophile charges; he was a dodgy character- shifty eyes- the kind you imagine wearing a trench coat to Thailand. He had many Thai boys- quite an entourage. They saw something in him that eludes me. They passionately called him Nooman.

I learned, thanks to this forum that he killed himself with a hose. I supposed one could choke. Then there are some rumours that he was trying to start his car by blowing into the tailpipe.

local_lass

Postby local_lass » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:39 am

Thats a horrendous history. Wingfield sounds like an appalling person, not that i like to speak ill of the dead. Did you say he was aquitted, or did it never get that far ?

Personally I would be asleep after three bottels of Tattinger, but before that i probably would have passed out from the cost!

Thanks for enlightening me. ;)

andereh

Postby andereh » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:49 am

could this guy realy be mr. monks?

[quoted]
Mr Monks wrote:
Denise my darling, if you are reading this. I have often wondered what you look like without those braces. I also pondered why they sent you to spyway, when you had infinitely better choices. Then I realized, they knew, someone with your beauty could only be safe in a gay school. I admitted monkey junior to spyway for similar reasons. I would not have him flirting with girls before he turned 30.

Norman: where was the regular TV room- on what floor?

[/quoted]

mr_monks

Postby mr_monks » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:18 pm

Good God Andrew.!!! Is that you_ _ _..what happened to your shirt?

You appear to have some markings on your shoulder. Have you been incarcerated?

henry

Postby henry » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:11 pm

Hi Andrew

you look absolutely stunning

who are those short men guarding you. and why

monks you were never nice to andrew. just look at your sarcasm, you still cannot accept beauty. BTW you look good yourself. How is that freckled little firecracker Hazel. Is she keeping you young.

Good to see you andrew.

moshood

Postby moshood » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:27 pm

Henry who was your favorite student?

Do you remember Duran Duran and how you would listen to them very loud ;)

henry

Postby henry » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:41 pm

Samuel Cole was my Favourite_ _ _..he had a soft side to him that he never shared with anyone else. And I mean it was a big soft side.

When you two got into that fight and you really messed him up. He came to me. he was not angry he was sorry that the whole thing ever happened

Yes still love duran duran_ _ _.'Wild Boys never close their eyes' is still the best song ever.

Oh Moshood_ _ _.I really disliked you!!!! _ _ _.because you were so mean to Sam.

Return to “Historic Hastings”