ore village

Looking for info on Hastings & St Leonards past times. Post here!
kevin hawkins

ore village

Postby kevin hawkins » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:13 pm

i am trying to peice together the layout and landscape of the area of the village. the ridge up as far as beauport as far bace as romanano britain, also the bromsgrove estate before the tin town era, (trying to be an amatuer archeologist ) with emphasis on the word trying. any help would be welcome thanks. kev

linda

Re: ore village

Postby linda » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:48 pm

Hi Ken, I am looking for a road in Ore which I don't know if it still exists, it is Ivy House Lane. My Gran was born there in Standens Cottages in 1875. We are going down there soon perhaps you can save me a journey!!.

Linda

Andrew Hay

Re: ore village Ivy House Lane

Postby Andrew Hay » Mon May 09, 2005 10:28 pm

Hi. I'm now living in Italy and have just found this site. Ivy House Lane is, coming from Ore village towards the cemetary along The Ridge, about three hundred yards on the right, past the fire station. There is a big electricity sub station on the corner.
I hope this helps even if it is late.
Regards
Andrew

linda

Postby linda » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:18 pm

Hi Andrew.

Thanks for the info.

You've actually given me two bits as I have now found that my Grans sister was a servant at a girls school at The Ridge,

Many thanks

Linda

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:14 pm

You can see the area as it is today on this sites street map. Ivyhouse Lane is right in the middle of grid C5.

Regards
Geoff

Return to “Historic Hastings”