DeVitos Cafe Hastings

Looking for info on Hastings & St Leonards past times. Post here!
Gerry Glyde

Re: DeVitos Cafe Hastings

Postby Gerry Glyde » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:36 pm

The street directory gives Di Vito's, note the spelling as at 12 Queens Rd. The end property is now number 14 so as others said it was demolished. Shops in the same row in the late 60s were Timothy Whites; True Form; the jewellers & opticians as one business; and if I am correct, a dry cleaners somewhat further along.

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:20 pm

Thanks for looking that up Gerry, I certainly remember the names Timothy Whites and Trueform.

Don Cropper

Postby Don Cropper » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:40 am

Hi My mother Florrie Mrs Cropper used to work for Frank in the 60's at the Grand Parade branch. My big mate Dennis and his brother Allan? Kent used to help with making the ice cream and I was under the impression Allan became the leader in this. I also heard they had their own Ice Cream van for many years. I lost touch when I emigrated to South Africa in 1969.i did go back in 1990 and visit where we got together. I used to work part time in the ice cream parlour on the other side of London road. Later on I worked after school for the chemist in the same block as DeVitos until I started full time work as a' Electrician for R P Bikers in George Street in Hastings old Town. Then my brother Mark took over the chemists job. The chemist's name was Mr Jacobs

Return to “Historic Hastings”