Problems accessing Forum

Latest site updates posted here. All suggestions welcome!
RSMasterChief96
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2026 8:22 am
Contact:

Re: Problems accessing Forum

Postby RSMasterChief96 » Wed Oct 07, 2026 5:56 pm

I have recently registered under username RSMasterChief96, and my account says it has already been activated. However, I seem to be stuck with restrictions as I cannot create posts, reply to existing topics, or send private messages. This is particularly confusing because, when I visit the Lost Relatives / Friends forum while logged in, the forum permissions explicitly say: “You can post new topics in this forum”, “You can reply to topics in this forum”, “You can edit your posts in this forum”, “You can delete your posts in this forum” and “You can post attachments in this forum”. However, when I try to use Private Messages, I receive this message: “We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature.”. I therefore seem to be caught in a loop situation where I need to participate in order to lose the restrictions, but cannot participate because my account is restricted. Can you help me.

User avatar
Geoff
Site Admin
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 3:39 pm
Location: Blacklands, Hastings
Contact:

Re: Problems accessing Forum

Postby Geoff » Wed Oct 07, 2026 5:58 pm

I've gone in and manually approved your profile. Should be working now.

RSMasterChief96
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2026 8:22 am
Contact:

Re: Problems accessing Forum

Postby RSMasterChief96 » Wed Oct 07, 2026 6:22 pm

Thanks, wasn't exspecting it not to work and then suddenly work
Maybe, I need to work more on "wait, until something happens"
Sorry about that, must have unintentionally tried to post like 20 times

User avatar
Geoff
Site Admin
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 3:39 pm
Location: Blacklands, Hastings
Contact:

Re: Problems accessing Forum

Postby Geoff » Wed Oct 07, 2026 6:24 pm

There was quite a few duplicates, but no problem removing them.

RSMasterChief96
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2026 8:22 am
Contact:

Re: Problems accessing Forum

Postby RSMasterChief96 » Thu Oct 08, 2026 12:02 pm

Have I posted everything in the right sections
I just thought I'd better make sure


Return to “Website Updates and Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests