Web Cam

Latest site updates posted here. All suggestions welcome!
Derek Jempson

Re: Web Cam

Postby Derek Jempson » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:51 am

Yes, a view of the pier as it is renovated would be ideal. When the new college was under construction, I became quite addicted to the webcam view of the work. Many buildings in that area would be good candidates.

Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:29 am

Brilliant idea now funding has been secured, I have emailed the Pier Trust now as follows :

helen@hpwrt.co.uk

Hi Helen,

I have a question to ask, as a member of Hastings 1066 Online Forums
We are currently debating the desirability of a Webcam of the Pier since work should start it would be interesting to watch and might attract a bit of sponsorship and promotion in the press. The National Lottery Heritage fund could use this to show the work they promote for example.

What are your views on this suggestion please and do you know if the White Rock Theatre might play host to a webcam ?

Kind Regards,

Richard

Postby Richard » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:31 pm

Good News !!
Yes, apparently there is now Lottery Funding available for a WebCam "showcasing" the Pier as they really like the idea , this should be running from September 2013.
As for the location, you may be aware the HPWRT had a showroom at "Arthur Greens" which they spent money restoring, but it has since expired_ _ _
HPWRT were next hoping to fund the restoration of all or a part of the "Old Baths" along the seafront as a new 'home', rather than waste more even more money on a temporary HQ, but the Council are making this plan difficult.
HPWRT are currently interviewing senior engineers for the Pier restoration and the top structures will be cleared first, followed by attention to the 'undercarriage'.

Hoppy

Postby Hoppy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:09 pm

Good news, keep us updated when the camera goes live.

Derek Jempson

Postby Derek Jempson » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:31 pm

Great stuff - even though the webcam will be one more addiction "I must just check to see if anything has changed in the last hour"!

Richard

Postby Richard » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:28 pm

still surprised there is no local business sponsor willing to have their name advertised on a webcam of the area adjacent to a local Hastings landmark, this would enable people far from home to 'touch base' and see something tangible day and night (illumination providing!!)
However at least there will soon be the pier-cam and hopefully it will continue permanently.

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:00 am

At last a live webcam we can tap into. Not perfect but better than nothing.
Hastings Seafront Webcam

Shame it's such gloomy weather today, I will be interested to see what it looks like when the sun is shining.

If the owner of the camera happens to read this, can you aim it a bit lower? Less sky and more land please :)

Richard

Postby Richard » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:02 pm

Great Stuff - a proper live webcam at last !!

An echo to Geoff's comment from me too.
:)

Richard

Postby Richard » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:16 pm

It appears to emanate from this company Geoff:

http://www.beaming.biz/

Beaming Limited
Hanover House, Marine Court
St Leonards on Sea
East Sussex
TN38 0DX

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:05 pm

Thanks Richard, that is where I found the feed and then tapped into it via youtube.

I have sent them an email to see if I can chip in to upgrade the equipment/quality. Or maybe they just have dirty windows? :)

Hopefully I can meet up with them at some point to discuss.

Return to “Website Updates and Suggestions”