Web Cam

Latest site updates posted here. All suggestions welcome!
Richard

Web Cam

Postby Richard » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:43 pm

_ _ _assuming one does not exist already then a web cam, possibly sponsored by a local business, which benefits from advertising as a result, may be interesting.

This would update every few minutes to show a fresh image and could also act as an "Eye" on events in the field of view

Possibly a local Bakery business or Bank could be the "anchor"
People from near and far can remind themselves of 'home' and see what is going on in the streets or along the sea front ?

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: Web Cam

Postby Geoff » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:32 pm

Great idea, please do suggest the ideal location and I will contact the property owner and suggest it. Ideally several locations but perhaps that's wishfull thinking?

dog_on_a_string

Postby dog_on_a_string » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:36 am

Can I also add that as a seaside town with lots of watersports enthusiasts it would be very useful to have a webcam to cover sea state/surf conditions.

Any views?

Richard

Postby Richard » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:17 am

[quoted]
Administrator wrote:
Great idea, please do suggest the ideal location and I will contact the property owner and suggest it. Ideally several locations but perhaps that's wishfull thinking?
[/quoted]

_ _ _not sure of the best location, clearly a sea view could be useful for weather conditions but means the camera would be less useful for night viewing.
perhaps the Jempsons bakery/Cafe could be interested in extra advertising or the up and coming 'Cafe Nero' (formerly Ponden Home)
As if we don't have enough cafe's already !!
Do we want to see the pedestrian street life excluding traffic ?
Too many possibilities and I've only been in Hastings for two years so perhaps 'older' residents would have better ideas of what to see

A beloved local landmark could be the backdrop to the webcam ?

8)

dog_on_a_string

Postby dog_on_a_string » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:03 pm

I think that the various ideas are not mutually exclusive. Lots of places have a sea/surf webcam and other webcams in addition - a webcam of Hastings Old Town would be nice - perhaps George Street would be a good location.

Richard

Postby Richard » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:24 pm

nothing wrong with multiple locations, is there a way of doing a vote online ?

1. George Street
2. area around old the Albert clock tower (near Jempsons and Costa and future Nero cafe's)
3. sea front from the Pier area to the Old Town somewhere ?
4. looking down from West Hill ?

Any more suggestions ?

:)

roy

Postby roy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:36 pm

I would put it in the middle of the town close to the arches.

Enjoy life.you never know when it will end.

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:34 pm

Okay, i'm not having much luck with the businesses in the town centre.

Plan B - Does anyone have a nice view from their window, use a wireless router for their internet and wouldn't mind a little camera sitting on their window sill? (supplied by me of course).

Views looking down streets, seafront, main roads ideal. Any offers?

Richard

Postby Richard » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:17 pm

I would if I had a room with a view
_ _ _a shame if no business or forum member will help

It would be good to see what is going on in Hastings at a street panoramic view or near coast views
Surprises me that no business wants to be associated with the potentially useful advertising of "by permission/sponsorship of business abc,, etcetera
:o

Hoppy

Postby Hoppy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:38 am

Hi,
Jempsons will not want a camera showing a picture of Costa/Nero and vice versa, and to be honest it could be any old town. You want a picture of the sea front, that will draw tourists and money in (when its sunny). Right now I would suggest a webcam of the Pier since work should start on this soon it would be interesting to watch and might attract a bit of sponsorship and promotion in the press. The National Lottery Heritage fund could use to show the work they promote for example.
I am not from the area so don't have the contacts but if anyone has contacts with the White Rock and Hastings Pier trust please put this to them. I would suggest getting something hosted in the White Rock theatre.

Return to “Website Updates and Suggestions”