Events

Latest site updates posted here. All suggestions welcome!
Hoppy

Events

Postby Hoppy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:15 pm

Is there a deffinite list of the calender of events that goes on every year in Hastings somewhere on the web. I know the Jack On The Green event is just over a weeks time so will be visiting the town again for that having been last year (and the motorbikes on the same day) but miss things like Fat Tuesday and teh Crazy Golf championships etc.

Also does Hastings not do a Victorian Day or something? I just think with all the architecture and history you could have an annual celebration with old cars (a bit like the Bexhill 100) but with eveyone in Victorian dress with period sea side activities. Pirate Day was such a success I wonder what the record is for the largest gathering of Victorians!

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: Events

Postby Geoff » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:26 pm

Hi Hoppy and welcome to the forum.

I don't think there will ever be a "definitive" events list as it's only as good as the amount of people that decide to advertise their events on it.

Our own Hastings What's On page is free for anyone to advertise on, yet still doesn't feature every single event. It seems to be building popularity (currently 84 entries) but "definitive" it is not.

Victorian Day is an excellent idea by the way and could easily be along the scales of Pirate Day and Jack-in-the-Green/Bikers Day.

Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:36 pm

Insomniac

Postby Insomniac » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm

I think Geoff has tried to get some sort of events listing with user input going before, but it's never seemed to have been overly popular in my opinion. The current events page is the best I've seen on this website so far, but maybe having it in some sort of calendar format might improve it.

However with sites like Facebook and Twitter around it seems more people will find events through such sites_ _ _

Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:27 pm

seems to be something here:

http://www.wow247.co.uk/

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Olly

Postby Olly » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:44 am

Every time I see this thread title I can't help seeing 'dear boy, events!' after it!

Return to “Website Updates and Suggestions”