Forum Logout on Mobile

Latest site updates posted here. All suggestions welcome!
moonjiver

Forum Logout on Mobile

Postby moonjiver » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:12 am

What I do notice is that, if I leave the forum for a moment, go into another menu on my phone and then return, now I have to log in again. It happened just now, even after just contributing to a thread, then switching over to this thread. Time-consuming of course, has some tweaking taken place on the forum or am I having a problem on my phone?

Help! Definitely a problem here .. I just went to the Index, then back to this thread, found I had been logged out yet again. Is there some setting on my phone that needs changing?

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: Forum Logout on Mobile

Postby Geoff » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:54 pm

I just tried replicating the problem but can't. All seems to be working fine for me. The forum is set to keep users logged in for 1 hour using a session cookie.

If you have got cookies blocked in your phone settings this will kill your logged in status. Worth a check. Blocking cookies will have a negative effect on lots of websites and the way they handle user accounts.

moonjiver

Re: Forum Logout on Mobile

Postby moonjiver » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:02 pm

Thanks a lot, that was one of the possibilities I thought of. I had to disable cookies temporarily because of a separate problem, I'm surprised if that meant I got logged out even whilst still moving around the forum. Anyway, cookies enabled again now, so hopefully no more hickups!

Return to “Website Updates and Suggestions”