"Last ten posts" disappeared?

Latest site updates posted here. All suggestions welcome!
moonjiver

"Last ten posts" disappeared?

Postby moonjiver » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:37 pm

I think this section was headed "Last ten posts" and I'm a bit upset that I can't find this now! It was one of the most useful features, enabling one to very quickly check ongoing topics and see if any interesting replies had been added. Is this just a glitch or has the forum format been changed a little?

I know you can go into "Active topics" and so on but it doesn't show you new posts "at a glance"!

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: "Last ten posts" disappeared?

Postby Geoff » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:53 pm

I will be doing some upgrades over the next few months. What you have seen (or not seen in this case) was down to this. Assuming you mean this page http://www.1066online.com/hastings-forum/ - it should be working again now.

I am trying to make the impact as unnoticeable as possible but apologies for any inconvenience.

Having said that, if you spot anything not working for a good few hours I would appreciate you reporting it, so thank you.

Geoff

moonjiver

Postby moonjiver » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:04 pm

Thanks a lot. I am sorry to be a real dummy here but I find the complexities of this somewhat baffling! I realised that the page I had bookmarked was (or had somehow become) the 1066online.co.uk one , so I have switched over to the 1066online.com page - presto! The Forum headings now appear as they did before with a summary of "Recent Posts" and so on. But when I actually start clicking onto posts, the address changes back to 1066online.co.uk ..

No doubt it all makes sense technically and at least I can now again get quick access to the latest posts and keep track.

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:17 pm

For those that use them, you can also get a sneaky preview of the latest forum posts on the following social networks...

Hastings Forum on Twitter

Hastings Forum on Google Plus

Return to “Website Updates and Suggestions”