Creative Hub

Latest site updates posted here. All suggestions welcome!
Richard

Creative Hub

Postby Richard » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:17 pm

There is a site (poorly constructed, showing bare 'code' at the top) which has listings of numerous 'Creative' outlets:

http://hastingscreatives.co.uk/listings/

seahermit

Re: Creative Hub

Postby seahermit » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:54 pm

Pretty awful site, one of the worst I've seen! It doesn't give any helpful information or background to the few persons listed and it's hard to see who would visit the site and derive benefit from it.

There are fortunately several quite interesting sites which purvey info about local activities, creative and otherwise - the Hastings Online times is one of the better ones, although too much politics and too left of centre! Should report things from a more balanced, uncommitted perspective.

Richard

Postby Richard » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:22 pm

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:03 pm

The Hastings Writers Group is a very good one, pretty serious about what they do, I might get along there again some time. But the group is rather structured and formal - not for someone in the mood for just wandering in and enjoying a more relaxed, informal discussion group.

Last summer I popped into another group called St Leonards Writers - nice enough people but only four members and meeting in the corner of a side-chapel of an old church! I can't imagine a less appropriate or drearier venue - good thing I wasn't hoping to build up my courage with a pint and then read out one of my bitchier, more satirical poems about Hastings people!

Richard

Postby Richard » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:06 pm

"one of my bitchier, more satirical poems about Hastings people!"

A poem of any sort would be interesting, I'm sure they can take it whatever you feel.

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:07 pm

The "group" would have accepted it but to me it would have felt like doing something profane in the house of Himself!

Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:02 pm

Poems about Hastings People.
I'll think one up eventually, there are so many characters in Hastings, for sure, people who would not exist in the 'real' world.
'Royston', the size and appearance of 'Billy Bunter' - who sits about in George Street boasting of his exploits with married men and produces crappy lurid paintings with words like 'U-TWAT' writ large as the only content, or perhaps just a large pair of underpants in 'dayglo' colours.
The 'tranny' who wears see-through tights and cycles about town in his own world, or Robert (aka rummage) who spits venom at all things left-wing and horrifies many ordinary customers with his brand of Politics.
Robert is unable to resist worshiping money or recounting famous people who frequent his humble shop.
The numerous failed business or music types who kick along the pavement, Hastings is full of such people who nearly made it but ended up there instead.
Then street events kick in and the whole thing steps up a gear with Leaping Lords, purple goth Morris folk, dancing ghosts and wailing women...
:)

Return to “Website Updates and Suggestions”