West hill area is this nice or not?

Questions and answers for those considering a move to the Hastings area.
peter_simpson

Re: West hill area is this nice or not?

Postby peter_simpson » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:56 pm

Thanks Cheryl - glad our efforts are appreciated. I'd just like to mention one other thing which I've said before but I don't think the repeat does any harm. I'm in the fortunate position of having been born, bought up, and lived in Hastings, but I've also lived in many other places - too many to list but in most parts of Britain apart from the north-west. Like anywhere else, Hastings has its good and bad areas. But - and this is something that maybe people who haven't lived away won't realise - the very worst bits of Hastings are nothing compared to inner-city London and most other big towns in Britain!!

aaron

Postby aaron » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:20 pm

West hill is kind of rough but west hill rd is quiet nice uve gt a pub around the cornor

Aaron :) :)

Eda72

Postby Eda72 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:14 am

Hi i know this original post was few years ago now, but we are looking to buy a house in Manor road now. Can anyone coment what is it like now?

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:17 am

That part of Hastings used to be somewhat shabby and not that nice, but I haven't been there for a while. Rather a maze of backstreets. But near to public transport and not very far from Morrisons. If you don't mind climbing very steep hills!

Some nicer streets are not far away -parts of Priory Road near the green spaces on top of West Hill. In the other direction Alexandra Park and nearby streets.

Depends what you want, all opinions are quite subjective!

Return to “Moving to Hastings & St Leonards”