Moving to the area, need info re: Primary schools

Questions and answers for those considering a move to the Hastings area.
NikkiHB

Moving to the area, need info re: Primary schools

Postby NikkiHB » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:54 pm

Hello. I have just found this forum and am excited that there seems to be lots of topics of interest to me as somebody who is hoping to move to Hastings around December time.
So we are a family of 4 (including 2 boys aged 6 and 9) currently travelling around SE Asia for a year, after managing to escape the clutches of London and we intend to return to a more peaceful and sedate ( not to mention cheaper!) way of life in Hastings.
The original plan was to go to Brighton but seeing what the difference is in what we can get for our money re: property, as well as feeling not quite young and trendy enough anymore, we are now totally tuned into Hastings. I am researching what I can while we are away but would really appreciate any feedback on primary schools in the St Leonard's area. Can anybody help??

Herring_Gull

Re: Moving to the area, need info re: Primary schools

Postby Herring_Gull » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:22 pm

With the greatest respect to everyone who lives here it is cheaper that most other places in the south east for a reason.

Search here for the school ratings:

http://www.findmyschool.co.uk/results.a ... n=Hastings

To summarise several other comments and threads:
Buy in the right place and you will love the town. Buy in the wrong place and you will not.

Michael

Postby Michael » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:06 pm

Brighton stopped being young and trendy years ago.

NikkiHB

Postby NikkiHB » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:43 pm

Thanks Michael.
Gosh, you've really got to be careful with your words when writing on these forums, I've noticed a trend in people enjoying pointing out when you have got something wrong ( in their opinion) however insignificant_ _ _.

Michael

Postby Michael » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:07 am

From my understanding, the catholic primary school on Old London Road is the best primary school in the Hastings/St Leonards area_ _ _.not to sure if that is of any use to you. Sorry about the previous comment, we spent a couple of years in Brighton (Which was great for a couple of years) before going to live in Singapore for 18 months_ _ _on our return we lived in London (Lee, Lewisham) for around 14 months before coming down here almost 3 years ago.
We both really like Hastings, the calender of events down here is amazing, the people (generally) are very friendly, we have met loads of people since coming here and some have become good friends.
As previously mentioned choose the right area and you will soon fall in love with the place_ _ _..one last thing if it's peace and quiet that you really want then somewhere like Fairlight may suit you more_ _ _though it's pretty dull there (though very nice if you know what I mean).

Michael

Postby Michael » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:34 am

According to another poster that primary school is the second best in Sussex_ _ __ _ _but does have a long waiting list.

WestfieldMike

Postby WestfieldMike » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:29 pm

Westfield is a nice village, the school is good. There are a few houses for sale to.

Return to “Moving to Hastings & St Leonards”