Moving in 2 years

Questions and answers for those considering a move to the Hastings area.
Les

Moving in 2 years

Postby Les » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:39 pm

Hi We're looking at St Leonards as one option. I'm sick as a pig because I like the look and location of Waverley Court in St Leonards but we probably won't be able to move till then. I love the balconies and the general look of the place.

Does anyone have info about Waverley (and whether there are other places like that along the front)? We 're interested in retirement properties like that, with a sea view and a balcony and good management
thanks and regards

Les

Re: Moving in 2 years

Postby Les » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:02 pm

Les

Postby Les » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:20 pm

_ _ _.or failing that, what shall we talk about? The friendliness of Hastings and St Leonards people? We're coming down to look around in August so perhaps you could organise a welcoming committee_ _ _tea and cream cakes pehaps?

Or, if you're too shy, we could talk about something else I like beach fishing. Is it any good? Any crabbing to be done?

[img://www.hastingsforum.co.uk/forums/sf_attachments/tumbleweed.gif]

Les

Postby Les » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:46 pm

Right_ _ _thanks for the hospitality. Luckily. I'm not put off by it. This forum reads, and smells like the comments pages of most local newspapers_ _ _full of negativity and old and/or embittered people with talk of things like UKIP and how down the place is.

Probably Hastings and St Leonards are no worse than any other towns and if we ever settle here we'll certainly make use of the rest of this site_ _ _it looks well-constructed and has some interesting sections. But not this forum? Nah_ _ _it's a place of ghosts and sad shadows

[img://www.hastingsforum.co.uk/forums/sf_attachments/dead_horse.gif]

Richard

Postby Richard » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:15 pm

Hi Les, what's your location now ?
At this holiday time of year it takes a few days for people to reply to posts and some of them are just too chilled out to rise to the bait - crabs or otherwise_ _ _

As for the beach fishing, there are competitions so it must be viable - what ?? :)

roy

Postby roy » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:40 pm

[quoted]
Les wrote:
Right_ _ _thanks for the hospitality. Luckily. I'm not put off by it. This forum reads, and smells like the comments pages of most local newspapers_ _ _full of negativity and old and/or embittered people with talk of things like UKIP and how down the place is.

Probably Hastings and St Leonards are no worse than any other towns and if we ever settle here we'll certainly make use of the rest of this site_ _ _it looks well-constructed and has some interesting sections. But not this forum? Nah_ _ _it's a place of ghosts and sad shadows

[img://www.hastingsforum.co.uk/forums/sf_attachments/dead_horse.gif]
[/quoted]

Nothing like making a bad impression then,sorry you feel like you have to slag of the locals,never mind eh.
So were all saddos because some of us are UKIP supporters,lol you couldnt make it up,onwards and upwards as Nigel Farrage says.

:erm: :)

[/quoted[/img]

Nothing like making a bad impression then,sorry you feel like you have to slag of the locals,never mind eh.
So were all saddos because some of us are UKIP supporters,lol you couldnt make it up,onwards and upwards as Nigel Farrage says.

:erm: :)

Enjoy life.you never know when it will end.

Charlotte

Postby Charlotte » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:51 pm

Way to go Les ;)

Return to “Moving to Hastings & St Leonards”