Clive vale area

Questions and answers for those considering a move to the Hastings area.
Debs

Clive vale area

Postby Debs » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:24 pm

We are looking at places in Pinders Road and would like to know what the area is like.
Many thanks

FionaH

Re: Clive vale area

Postby FionaH » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:19 pm

I moved to Clive Vale (Athelstan Road) last year and like it very much. I can't tell you about Pinders Road. I pass the end of it when I walk up to the Country Park and it seems peaceful enough. It is in a great location next to the Country Park and above the Old Town. Personally, I think the best roads in the area are Edmund Road, Canute Road, Clive Avenue, and Dudley Road. I much prefer the largely Victorian/Edwardian area between Harold Road and Old London Road.

Michael

Postby Michael » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:13 am

Ashburnham road is pretty good to_ _ _.and has the only pub in the Clive Vale area, now that the Belmont has gone.

FionaH

Postby FionaH » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:11 am

Oh, yes, don't mean to denigrate Ashburnham Road! Uplifting sea views and a good mixture of big and small houses. Most of Clive Vale is pretty good. Forgot to mention Fairlight Avenue, as well. Why did the Belmont close? Always looked pretty busy.

Michael

Postby Michael » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:50 am

The landlady sadly died, can't say I knew her as I've only been in there a couple of times (doubt it will re-open as a pub_ _ _.unfortunately) and much prefer the Ashburnham Arms, agree generally the Clive Vale is pretty good, one of the best areas Hastings.

Naveed123

Postby Naveed123 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:23 am

this is very very nice and wonderful post_ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ _.. :x

(((((((((((( NJ ))))))))))))

Return to “Moving to Hastings & St Leonards”