Eversfield Place

Questions and answers for those considering a move to the Hastings area.
Richard

Re: Eversfield Place

Postby Richard » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:19 pm

No Waitrose - unfortunately !!
...but you could shop online especially if you are unable to walk and carry heavy loads or make sure you are near a suitable bus route.
Also look into the possibility of making your own bread, there are plenty of machines these days that do all the hard work.
Some local schemes (I forget which) will deliver a box of fresh vegetables to your door.

Lastly, neighbours are usually very obliging if you need shopping every so often.

Technique

Re: Eversfield Place

Postby Technique » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 pm

The Morrisons in Hastings is very civilised; a lot nicer than my old local in London, with a good butchery and surprising variety. There is also a Sains and an M&S with a large(ish) food hall and in that vicinity there are a few eclectic food stores in the little covered arcade. In the Old Town of course there are the fish stalls and an ever increasing selection of 'foodie' bakers, delis and other such delights - with prices reflecting their artistic/artisan credentials if you get my drift. But again it is horses for courses - me, I like a bit of both and am not adverse to a foray to Aldi or Lidl to up my eco street cred... ;)

Return to “Moving to Hastings & St Leonards”