Alfred Street?

Questions and answers for those considering a move to the Hastings area.
gingham

Alfred Street?

Postby gingham » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:09 pm

Hello,
I'm moving back to St Leonards and wonder if anyone would tell me what Alfred St is like to live on these days ? I looked at a potential home and; this might have been a complete one off and everybody has bad days; was a bit startled by the duration of full blown screaming coming from neighbour even with the doors and windows closed.
Any steers if this is a regular feature ?

Private messages might be best if sensitive answer !

moonjiver

Re: Alfred Street?

Postby moonjiver » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:05 am

I think I'm becoming an agony aunt for where to live in St Leonard's ..! But see my earlier comments on Gensing Road. I thought someone might shoot me down a bit but no-one seems to think my views were too off the mark.

It is rather a mixed area, you will get some bad behaviour at times, but you only have to ignore it and my experience is that people like that don't tend to stick around long term! Just take time looking around first and go there at evenings and weekend, to see what sort of people are about. Alfred Street, North Street, Shepherd Street, Norman Road are mainly really nice with some very desirable cottages and sunny back yards. And I think the area is getting better as time goes by ..

gingham

Re: Alfred Street?

Postby gingham » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:28 pm

Thank you Muchly Moonjiver

Return to “Moving to Hastings & St Leonards”