High Breezes new build houses off Malvern Way

Questions and answers for those considering a move to the Hastings area.
ClaireT

High Breezes new build houses off Malvern Way

Postby ClaireT » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:16 pm

Hello everyone
My in-laws (early 70s) are looking to move down from Luton nearer to us (we're near Brighton). They have a limited budget and we took them to see the new High Breezes new-build houses off the Ridge (Malvern Way). The houses look like they're going to be lovely, but we drove around that area and it looks really run-down. Directly opposite the new builds looks ok but further down looks very rough. I tried looking online to find out any recent info, but all I can find out is info from 3-5 years ago where it said that area was very dodgy. Can anyone give me a more recent opinion? Is it as bad as the old reviews or is it getting better? Would you recommend moving your parents there? Would really appreciate any info or input. Obviously they're moving from Luton which can be rough too, but they live in a nice area, its currently just too far from us. Thanks very much in advance! :)

Richard

Re: High Breezes new build houses off Malvern Way

Postby Richard » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:44 am

Older people moving into the area would probably find it too isolating.
It is a bit outside Hastings and has a history of social deprivation.
Probably better for young families with own transport.

ClaireT

Postby ClaireT » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:03 pm

Hi Richard
Thanks very much for your reply. Would anyone else like to give their opinion too please ? Thanks kindly! :D

Marina

Postby Marina » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:34 pm

In the politest possible way, the Malvern Way Estate itself is not for everyone. I would avoid it, given the option. It really depends on the area your in-laws are moving from and what they are expecting from their new property.

Are you looking for a new build in particular? Flat or house? There are other new developments that are in much more desirable locations. If an older property is acceptable then that opens the doors to much more choice (and character). What is their budget?

Return to “Moving to Hastings & St Leonards”