where to live?

Questions and answers for those considering a move to the Hastings area.
gwennanwilliams

where to live?

Postby gwennanwilliams » Tue May 12, 2015 11:28 am

Hi, I have been given a job in conquest hospital starting this summer, so my boyfriend and I will be moving to the area. I have no knowledge, what so ever, of hastings or the surrounding area and was wondering if anyone could give me some advise on places to live. I'd be looking for a flat/house/appertment 2 bed max. Were in our mid 20s so keen on living in a "youngish" area, close to cafe shops but would be equally happy close to the sea. Im hoping not to have a long commute. any suggestions would be great. thank you

Richard

Re: where to live?

Postby Richard » Fri May 15, 2015 10:35 pm

I have to say that 'The Conquest' is within easy reach of most parts of Hastings.
I suggest you arrange to stay at a small hotel, guest house or B&B for a weekend (or several) and just wander around to see where you feel happy to live.
There are numerous places depending on your priorities, the sea front or near to open Parks and other amenities - but both are not far distant from each other anyway.
There are plenty of small Cafe and restaurant places down along the coast between the old town and St Leonards
There really is no substitute from visiting on foot, after a short break in one of the above when you feel more relaxed anyway.
Look at properties online to get an idea and pester the numerous Estate Agents to see what they have on offer.
Good Luck!!

Return to “Moving to Hastings & St Leonards”