New Job, moving to St Leonards/Hastings area

Questions and answers for those considering a move to the Hastings area.
LondonIrish

New Job, moving to St Leonards/Hastings area

Postby LondonIrish » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:39 pm

Single female, moving down for work, wondering whereabouts would be a reasonable area to live in. Will be working at the hospital, so shiftwork. (ie won't be commuting for a 9am start)No kids, so no worries about schools etc
Not likely to start before December, but will need (possibly) a monday to fri let for a couple of months, before I get somewhere more permanent.
Suggestions where to look would be helpful please.
I live in a nice area at the mo, but in London, like everywhere else, you don't have to go very far to hit the rougher spots. So would be useful to have some ideas of "nicer" areas, although I realise its all a bit subjective.
I love the vibe of St Leonard's, and was brought up by the sea in Ireland. Can't wait. :D

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: New Job, moving to St Leonards/Hastings area

Postby Geoff » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:15 pm

Hi LondonIrish and welcome to the forum.

Finding a short let for a couple of months might prove a bit tricky. Most property letting would be for a 6 month minimum period. Maybe a house share or something might suit you? https://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/e ... x/hastings

As for which area, where to start. Do you have your own transport or relying on busses etc? How about you name a couple of Streets and we can give an opinion?

LondonIrish

Postby LondonIrish » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:20 pm

Hi Geoff,
Thank you for your reply.
I was looking at the idea of a monday to friday room rental as a short term option while I sort out a longer term rental, and finish out my contract here in London. Found one interesting one, to say the least. The landlord was not very encouraging of people who are chatty!
I will have a car, so not restricted to public transport.
As for roads- I have no idea!
I will be doing on calls, so prefer not to be too far away from work, but a 20 min drive should cover.
I have no objection to being out the country a little -What are local villages like?
Hard to tell and from rightmove, it looks like most available rentals are in central St Leonards/Hastings

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:16 pm

Hello again. I don't know if you found somewhere yet, but this one just got posted...
https://hastingsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4807

Return to “Moving to Hastings & St Leonards”