Pevensey Road

Questions and answers for those considering a move to the Hastings area.
warpdog

Pevensey Road

Postby warpdog » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:49 pm

Hello

We are thinking of living at the London Road end of Pevensey Road, is this an okay area?

There seems to be hundreds of flats, and lots of for sale signs, I guess these could be seen as a bit negative, but the location seems great for amenities.

UncleB

Re: Pevensey Road

Postby UncleB » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:06 am

I'm living on Pevensey Road, only a few houses from London Road.

There has not been any incidents or issues living there although there are fairly regular unsavory characters on London Road / Kings Road in the area between the train station / job center and sea front. These can cause a few worries when these characters are clearly disturbed or stoned / drunk and aggressive, so I won't sugar coat it.

Pevensey road itself if a nice area with the housing getting more expensive the further from London Road you go, and loads of beautiful period property.

The flip side of the proximity to London road is that supermarkets are 4 mins walk, the train station 5 mins walk and the sea front 6 mins at a brisk pace (sad that I timed this I know).

There are loads of shops and amenities (post office, all kinds of ethnic food shops and restaurants / pubs) on the door step as well so if you can look beyond the flotsam and jetsam of society that ends up on the streets of every seaside town then it is a pretty all round good place to be.

I've been in St Leonards for 2 years now (previously from London and Sao Paulo) and it is just such a nice pace of life with mostly friendly neighbors that I have no plans on going back.

I hope this helps.
Iain

Return to “Moving to Hastings & St Leonards”