St Leonards Parish Church Marina. Plans?

Questions and answers for those considering a move to the Hastings area.
AB52

St Leonards Parish Church Marina. Plans?

Postby AB52 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:55 pm

Hello all,
Looking at a flat on Marina, St Leonards, right by the enormous disused Parish Church. Does anyone know if there are development plans for the site? I've tried the Council planning department but can't see anything. I believe it is listed so presumably that affects things? Just wondered if any well informed local might know, or have heard any rumours! Many thanks for your time.

barbann

Re: St Leonards Parish Church Marina. Plans?

Postby barbann » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:54 pm

I think there was an article in the local paper recently. There are plans to use the building as a museum and it also includes work to stabilise the cliffs behind. I'm sure you could view the plans on Hastings Borough Council online planning portal. It would be great to see such an iconic building have a new life.

AB52

Postby AB52 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:15 am

Thanks Barbann, that's really interesting. I have tried looking on the council site but I can't find it, I must be using the wrong search criteria or something. That church is HUGE!

I appreciate the reply.
Anita

barbann

Postby barbann » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:37 pm

Hi Anita. My error it was Hastings in Focus that had the article, they have a Facebook page and website. They commented on the plans on 11 August. Seems to be a very popular plan. Regards Barbann

AB52

Postby AB52 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:46 am

Hello again,
Thanks so much for that, just had a look. Well, if they ever get funding for that it would be amazing.. fingers crossed.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
Anita

Return to “Moving to Hastings & St Leonards”