LIFT: Share commute between Hastings and Brighton/Hove

Chat about anything local that doesn't fit elsewhere!
jean

LIFT: Share commute between Hastings and Brighton/Hove

Postby jean » Wed May 13, 2009 11:44 am

Lift wanted between Hastings and Brighton/Hove at the usual commuting times (morning to Brighton/Hove and evening back to Hastings) Monday to Friday. Alternatively we could use my vehicle and I could give the lifts, or we could alternate. Either way, contribution to driver's costs. I live in the Old Town and work on the seafront in central Hove (Grand Avenue area). I'm on flexitime so am likely to be able to fit your times.

Marie4991

Re: LIFT: Share commute between Hastings and Brighton/Hove

Postby Marie4991 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:51 am

Hi

I'm a student at the universityvof brighton , at the hastings campus , and would need a lift from Brighton to Hastings , and on the way back on mondays : 8am and 1:oopm
Tuesdays : 8am and 2:35 pm
and thursdays : 1pm and 5:05 pm

please let me know if you'd be available at those times ,

Marie

moonjiver

Postby moonjiver » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:20 pm

Hi Marie,

Those are somewhat tricky times, for finding someone else travelling at precisely those times of day! However, everything's worth trying .. your local version of the Gumtree website is good for young people and for personal messages of all kinds, type gumtree.Brighton into Google.

Also try putting some cards up, at your college maybe, or in the little newsagent's behind Boots in Hastings. Everyone goes in there.

I find both Brighton and Hastings fascinating towns in very different ways, so I wouldn't begrudge hanging around for a couple of hours sometimes whilst waiting for someone else to be available. Explore the Old Town maybe or do some studying in a cafe or an old pub?!

Good luck.

Moonjiver

moonjiver

Postby moonjiver » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:24 pm

P.S. I don't mean the main Boots but their optician's branch , just off the big pedestrian concourse in the centre of Hastings.

Moonjiver

Return to “General Hastings Chat & Friendly Banter”