Best way to NewHaven

Post here if you are visiting the Hastings area and would like some more information.
PSUmom

Best way to NewHaven

Postby PSUmom » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:15 am

We will be staying in Hastings for one night in October. I want to also go to NewHaven to do family research. What is the best/easiest/cheapest way to get there? I know I can take the train thru Lewes, but was wondering if there is bus ser vice as well. Thank you!

Allen

Re: Best way to NewHaven

Postby Allen » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:41 pm

There's no direct bus to Newhaven. You can get a bus to Eastbourne and probably get one to Newhaven from there. Don't know what it would cost you and it would take at least 2 hours I would think.

tony_crittenden

Postby tony_crittenden » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:43 pm

Hello,
I have travelled by bus from hastings to Brighton. You will have to change buses in eastbourne and get the number 12 or 12a from eastbourne to Brighton via Seaford,Newhaven etc. They are very fequent. Lovely journey over the downs! I hope all goes well.
Tony.

Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:19 pm

The crappy part is getting through the Glyne Gap to Bexhill road log-jam.
Did this yesterday and I can't believe drivers have the patience_ _ _

Roll on the bypass !!

johnsmith9983

Postby johnsmith9983 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:23 pm

If you want to go NewHaven the best way is once thought turnstile , follow the directional signs to the Long Island Railroad. Purchase you're ticket from the ticket machines on the pedestrian bridge overlooking the platform. An off peak ticket from Jamaica Station to Penn Station is USD5.25. If you're arriving on a weekends, you can purchase a City Ticket for USD3.25. it is easiest way to reach new haven.

Best moving companies

LeenPenny

Postby LeenPenny » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:07 pm

Johnsmith9983- i think you're in the wrong country mate_ _ _..

travel to Newhaven from hastings is easily done via train to Newhaven harbour there is a direct train as well as ones that change at eastbourne(hampden park) - Lewes then onto Newhaven_ _ _

the bus journey can be done via eastbourne again getting on the coastliner

posted a link to the many routes one can take via the coast/countryside.. http://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyr ... ervice.pdf

Return to “Visiting Hastings & St Leonards”