Does anyone know where to tank LPG?

Chat about anything local that doesn't fit elsewhere!
Krine

Does anyone know where to tank LPG?

Postby Krine » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:23 pm

Hi there,

I have brought from France my hybrid car (LPG+95) and have still no clue where to tank LPG in the area. Any idea?
And just to make sure, auto gas is the same as LPG, isn't it ?

Thanks in advance.

Sylvie

bumbar

Re: Does anyone know where to tank LPG?

Postby bumbar » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:14 am

The BP garage on the Ridge has LPG but from what I hear the pump does not always work.There is also one at the BP garage at Hurst Green on the A21(the Hastings bound side).Yes LPG and autogas are the same.

Krine

Postby Krine » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:01 pm

Thanks so much bumbar and for the addresses and for the explanation. Hopefully, they will accept to lend me their British adaptator, since my car is Italian/French. In Germany, pumping stations lend their adaptator but in UK it seems that for insurance reasons it is not always the case.

Krine

bumbar

Postby bumbar » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:34 pm

The one at Hurst Green does not have the adaptors as they were stolen over time.This company http://www.autogasshop.co.uk/lpgautogas ... rs-1-c.asp appears to sell the adaptors so may be worthwile contacting them.I have never had any dealings with this company so don`t know what they are like.There is also apparently a LPG pump at Golden Cross Services on the A22 at Hailsham and also at the Co-op on the Polegate bypass.Hope this helps :)

Return to “General Hastings Chat & Friendly Banter”