'Mr Baker'

Looking for someone in the Hastings area, try posting a message here
@3rdRefuge

'Mr Baker'

Postby @3rdRefuge » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:12 pm

Can you help? I am searching for a Mr Joseph Baker. I understand he would by now be in his late 80s to mid 90s. He worked as an electrician in both St. Helen's Hospital (St.Leonards) and East Down House Convalescent Home (Bexhill) - both of which no longer exist - in the late 1960s and early 1970s. Whilst working at East Down House he became a friend of my late father (Mr Felix Fidel Lozano) sharing a common interest in Spain and Spanish culture. He accompanied our family on driving holidays to Spain in 1969, 1970 and 1971. As young children we addressed him only as 'Mr Baker' (so it is possible that I may be mistaken about his first name).He was a slim, distinguished looking man at the time, and I particularly remember he used to smoke a pipe with his favourite tobacco Condor. He drove a Ford Cortina Mark II 4-Door Saloon car (registration number GDY 5OF). At the time of being friends with my father he was unmarried, and after a few years of friendship they lost contact with each other. I believe 'Mr Baker' moved away to another part of the country.
It would be amazing if someone out there could come forward with any clues as to how we might possibly regain a connection to him. Thank you.

Return to “Lost Relatives / Friends”