Harassment still very prevalent

Chat about anything local that doesn't fit elsewhere!
seahermit

Harassment still very prevalent

Postby seahermit » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:14 pm

I saw a bad case of harassment this afternoon in St Leonards. Why do some males still think this is reasonable behaviour towards the other sex? I looked out of the window and in broad daylight in a sunny street one persistent male was absolutely pestering a female, following her up and down, until she got really fed up and went up onto a roof - even then, he wouldn't take no for an answer until she flew onto a windowsill to join some other pigeons .. nobody came to help of course.

And one of my tubs now has a bunch of dwarf irises fully in bloom, so it must be spring coming. Except that it's .. February. Hmm .. I'm confused by this weird weather.

northants1066

Re: Harassment still very prevalent

Postby northants1066 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:35 pm

It gets worse. Visiting a friend in Eastbourne last week a male robin was so aggressive to a group of sparrows who were just trying to enjoy the seeds put out for them.
And don't get me going on those pesky squirrels, so greedy and destructive.

The RSPB Birdwatch was great fun though.

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:12 pm

Harassing, aggressive, greedy, destructive .. yeah, known a lot of people like that. Oh, hang on, you mean the animals ... We are meant to know better of course.

This part of the country is great for birdwatchers. I haven't ventured across the Pevensey marshes yet, but from Pett Level pools to Rye Harbour (along the canal) is a peaceful, beautiful area and always interesting creatures around.

Richard

Postby Richard » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:05 pm

The birds were never so dreadfully vulgar and sordid as the humans. (EastEnders for Birds would never happen)
The male birds typically use plumage and elaborate dances to entice/hypnotise their mate.

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:11 am

Plumage and elaborate dances .. but we all used to do that. Swanky shirt with a lacey front, dinner jacket, down to the bop at the Young Conservatives. They fell like flies in front of me!

Mind you, in the very old days you would just grab the hair of the one you fancied, club her lightly if she protested and drag her into your cave. So much simpler then (and cheaper) than all the rigmarole of dating agencies and keeping to complicated etiquettes ..

Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:07 pm

Never mind the primitive and aggressive chimpanzee society with dominant males fighting to the death, competing for mating rights.
I prefer the Bonobo (Congo) monkey society where anything goes and females freely offer sex in order to prevent stress arising.
Why can't all monkey worlds be the same?
The human race seems to be a mistake based on aggression and male domination along those chimpanzee tension lines. :o

Richard

Postby Richard » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:30 am

Or, instead of doing a 'Freddy Flintstone' with a club you could be romantic and present flowers to your loved-one. Should be some for free at the local graveyard.
:twisted:

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:21 am

I came across this graffiti recently: "Say it with flowers. Give her a Triffid".

I can think of one or two recipients I have known where ordinary blooms just didn't quite fix it!

Richard

Postby Richard » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:32 pm

A bunch of stinging nettles should help get the message across!

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:45 pm

That's quite funny actually. I think I will bear that idea in mind!

I'm pleased my silly joke provoked such an entertaining series of responses. Idea for the Administrator - broaden it out to a proper "chat room/message board etc." for the Hastings area? Would need a bit of publicising of course, but I'd love somewhere to post some of my Hastings poems and other observations ..

Return to “General Hastings Chat & Friendly Banter”