MAGA. Annoying Trump supporters

If it's not Hastings related post it here! Politics, religion, whatever you like!
ColinL

MAGA. Annoying Trump supporters

Postby ColinL » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:48 pm

Some people in the US had these caps made for Pride Stonewall. I am sure that there will be many Trumpettes seething with anger.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190609-181109.png

cbe

Re: MAGA. Annoying Trump supporters

Postby cbe » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:51 pm

cry.PNG

I think that will just give them a laugh whereas this one will make Democrat's
heads explode

Richard

Re: MAGA. Annoying Trump supporters

Postby Richard » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:05 am

Its a difficult game to call.
Gay people were, until fairly recently, policed as criminal subversives, depicted in the popular culture as deviants, and pathologized by the medical establishment as mentally ill.
In the U.S. Stonewall was a riot against police intrusion, surveillance, and the feedback loops that kept LGBTQ people in the closet.
Laws were then changed to allow normalisation of gay relationships.
Later, in the U.K. at the time of the HIV outbreaks, the doctors/hospitals were very supportive of the right, for those inclined, to have gay relationships and yet we might also suggest that without the relaxation of anti-gay laws, then infection via the HIV virus may have been kept more under control.
Again, I think it was the medical establishment who supported gay people who became infected, as unfortunates, rather than the cause of the outbreak and spread of the disease...

Return to “Non-Hastings Chat”