Moving to Mount Pleasant road

Questions and answers for those considering a move to the Hastings area.
Mayo

Moving to Mount Pleasant road

Postby Mayo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Hi,

My partner and I are considering buying a lovely house which is on Mount Pleasant road. I would like to know how the area is like as I have been told some areas of Hastings can be a bit rough, I would be interested in your view of this road or Ore in general.
I am aware this is a busy road in terms of traffic noise, but this is not really an issue for us.

Thank you in advance!

Richard

Re: Moving to Mount Pleasant road

Postby Richard » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:09 pm

Mount Pleasant Road is not one of the nicest roads in Hastings.

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:41 am

It is always difficult to advise on these matters because people have different perceptions of an area. They also have different priorities i.e. they might be content with a street which is not ideal but the particular house they are buying is lovely and has a good garden - or the move is intended as a short-term measure before something better later.

I myself find Mount Pleasant Road busy and noisy, a bit scruffy - but then you are near to the shopping centre, near to the lovely Alexandra Park, near to Ore station (handy if you make a few trips to Eastbourne or to Ashford and beyond).

The one sure thing about Hastings/St Leonards is that it is very variable - some run-down areas and some lovely areas. You need to do some research and explore on foot too - the town centres are the least clean or desirable places to be (especially late at night!) but the western parts of St Leonards are tree-lined with lovely houses, big and small, and areas around Alexandra Park are peaceful and still seem almost "countryfied".

Jacqui34

Postby Jacqui34 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:45 pm

Hi Mayo,

Me and my husband moved to mount pleasant road 2 years ago and have to say we are very happy there and have never had any problems. It is a busy road but we don’t find it to be an issue. It’s a very long road and we are at the elphinstone road end so I cant vouch for the other end ;-)

Jacqui x

Return to “Moving to Hastings & St Leonards”