Corbyn will never be Prime Minister

If it's not Hastings related post it here! Politics, religion, whatever you like!
ColinL

Re: Corbyn will never be Prime Minister

Postby ColinL » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:09 pm

Cerberus, you managed to find a post of mine from several weeks ago and then made a distinct personal directed point to me about dog fouling. You also seem to have managed to copy paste and colour your citing. Finding posts should not be difficult.

You mention you don't have much time but have managed to put up many posts in a handful of days, even introducing a new topic yourself.

Richard

Postby Richard » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:40 pm

Everyone is chasing a false dream, axiomatically that does not exist.
The NHS will never be perfect under any government, the private sector is also beset with many faults.
It is not all about funding, just by pumping money in, you can't really guarantee anything.

Brexit, as a perfect solution, is likewise an impossible dream.
The sooner people realise that not all hopes and dreams can be answered by any so-called political solution, the better.
Care-home treatment for our elderly parents/relatives is pretty poor at best, however it is funded, horrible in all reality, whatever money is used, there are no perfect solutions.
Whatever problem we have, from pollution, plastics and zero-carbon energy emissions, to health and care, the Part-Political solutions are a false determinant
Draw upon that what you will...

cbe

Postby cbe » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:45 pm

Labour's spending 'pledges' for this General Election are double what they
were promising at the last one which was just 2 years ago. They must have
thought that their failure last time must have been down to not offering
enough 'free stuff'. The mind boggles at what they will promise next time
- a free unicorn for every voter perhaps?

Richard

Postby Richard » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:10 pm

Politicians who don't have power can promise, as well as complain about, all manner of things.
If you are in power, you have to look at the consequences all the time.

cbe

Postby cbe » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:29 pm

Very true - witness the LibDems

ColinL

Postby ColinL » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:24 pm

cbe what is free about better quality health care, or protecting the number of police on the street or replacing the thousands of PCSOs who assist warranted officers with minor matters, or building public housing for which rents are paid? In addition to various income streams our taxation goes towards ensuring we have sufficient services we require in the 5th richest country in the world. We pay and get the services.

You will have missed the fact that after the IFS analysis, 136 leading economists wrote an open letter stating that not only were Labour's programme proposals viable, they are necessary to bring the UK out of its current dire state. You will have missed it because despite of the status of the writers it did not get front page headlines or TV news

Instead of silly comments how about some debate although I expect you don't like experts who challenge your statement

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:21 am

I took the trouble to check out the recent statements from the IFS. This is one of them:

"The Institute for Fiscal Studies has attacked the spending plans of the UK’s two main parties, saying neither election manifesto “is a properly credible prospectus".

In a wide-ranging review, the respected thinktank warned voters that Conservative party pledges to keep spending in check over the next parliament were likely to be torn up, leading to either higher taxes or higher borrowing.

The IFS report was also scathing about Labour’s plans. It chided Labour for producing a manifesto that relied on taxes that were unlikely to raise the sums the party has said they will, and for spending plans that were unlikely to be fulfilled within a five-year term".

I have no idea where ColinL dredged up his "136 leading economists"from, probably from Mars or somewhere, but the fact remains: economists widely differ and argue amongst themselves and are absolutely not the founts of all truth. Nor does it need Einstein to see that the promises being made by all political parties are preposterous and probably unachievable in the short term. It just needs the application of some common sense.

I have said before: ColinL selects only the facts which fit his political stance, omits the broader view and twists and colours everything to fit the picture he wants to paint. Not the way to pursue a balanced debate.

cbe

Postby cbe » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:48 pm

Colin, Colin, Colin, I am a patient man but you test me to the extreme. I never
said anything was free, except everything in Corbyn's promises. More and more
free stuff. Mind you, it IS free to his clientele. It is certainly not free to the rest
of us who pay our own share AND those of the free-loaders.

ColinL

Postby ColinL » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:50 pm

Little cbe. You seem to assume that the people who receive services are not those who pay in for them. You talk of Labour's clientele, yet you (or those of your persuasion) lecture us that members are all middle class etc etc which would suggest they are actually working and taxpayers.

There are no clients. There are citizens, residents and others who use and also contribute to services. Museums, art galleries, national monuments and many other things, including A&E as a humanitarian service for citizens and visitors alike. The majority of users of services are contributors to them

Just what is it that you don't like about civic and a civil egalitarian society.

cbe

Postby cbe » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:38 pm

Colin -You are like a walking, talking robot, parroting Labour claptrap from morn until night. I always post assuming that people visiting this site can read ! Just in case I have not made it clear enough for you in all my other posts (and short of using a hammer and chisel) very many people in this country do NOT pay any tax or nhi and I do not mean pensioners who have paid all through their working lives . There are also very many who have no intention of ever doing so.
THEY are Labour's (very often new) clientele. You know it and I know it and Corbyn knows it - they are the ones targeted with 'MORE FREE STUFF' that comes with his every utterance. In your next post you will ask me how many such people there are (you've already done it) and you'll also repeat the lie that YOU personally do not know anyone who is fit to work and refusing to do so. We all know such people but for you to admit it would be to interfere with your narrative.
Go and read your little red book - if you haven't got one, McDonnell has one you can borrow.

Return to “Non-Hastings Chat”