Corbyn will never be Prime Minister

If it's not Hastings related post it here! Politics, religion, whatever you like!
Richard

Re: Corbyn will never be Prime Minister

Postby Richard » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:55 pm

It is difficult to learn how many people out of work and claiming benefits would actually work if employment was freely available to them.
If unemployed people find themselves less well-off working in a basic job, than by receiving benefits, then the State offers 'top-up' cash to bridge the gap, but even then do we know how many manage to refuse offers of employment and on what basis?
The problem seems to be that benefit centres (job centres) can't normally find jobs for the unemployed, perhaps because employees don't want to accept such people, who may be lacking even in basic academic or work-based 'qualifications'
On top of that there isn't a lot of work available in Hastings anyway and it appears that many are able to gain long-term benefits on account of physical or mental-health issues.
I don't see a Corbyn government addressing the issues of unemployment as outlined above and instead tries to seduce the less well-off, who may be in employment, with more 'jam tomorrow'.
I would rather Corbyn promised an offer of the right to work for those who may be stuck in limbo for the want of opportunities.

cbe

Postby cbe » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:49 pm

I am, of course, referring countrywide not to Hastings. You have touched on the problem - benefits are at such a level that many people think it's not worth the effort going to work just to earn a little more, you can then add the fact that employers are encouraged to offer low wages because the state will pay the top-up.
That moves me off my point 'Free Stuff' will always be a very good selling point for those who do not have to put the money up to pay for it.

Richard

Postby Richard » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:20 pm

The more people you have in work the more 'Free Stuff' will be paid for by higher rates of general taxation. That is how it works - I am sure any sensible audience will understand that.

cbe

Postby cbe » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:28 pm

More people working does not mean higher rates of taxation it merely suggests a higher tax-take

ColinL

Postby ColinL » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:40 pm

cbe, I am sure that Richard meant the tax collected, not the rate of taxation.

It is a simple multiplier effect of people in work, spending money that assists the supply chain and secondary employers that those earning money circulate income. They all then pay tax

ColinL

Postby ColinL » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:11 pm

The word 'claptrap' is not normally used by people who are seriously attempting to debate an issue. In addition phrases such as 'dredged up from Mars' is equally of no help in discussion

cbe

Postby cbe » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:01 am

Good morning Colin,
I use the word claptrap because it is the most accurate in your case.
I attach this to help you.
Attachments
clap.PNG
clap.PNG (7.62 KiB) Viewed 3681 times

ColinL

Postby ColinL » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:11 am

Dec 03, 2019 6:38 pm

Colin -You are like a walking, talking robot, parroting Labour claptrap from morn until night. I always post assuming that people visiting this site can read ! Just in case I have not made it clear enough for you in all my other posts (and short of using a hammer and chisel

Three lines of your text, not one word of analysis or comment on facts, just personal character assassination. Not only against me but also references to others not having ability to read.

I presume that you want readers to take you seriously, if so that is not the way to achieve it. I understand the meaning of clap trap and repeat that is not normally used in debate. Perhaps you can actually explain in what way any of my posts are nonsense as opposed to that you disagree with what I write.

cbe

Postby cbe » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:28 am

Ah - Now you have produced this, all adverse comments to you must surely stop.

cbe

Postby cbe » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:29 am

Oops - here it is
Attachments
victim.PNG

Return to “Non-Hastings Chat”