Sidney Little

Looking for someone in the Hastings area, try posting a message here
Ez Boorman

Sidney Little

Postby Ez Boorman » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:03 pm

I wonder if anyone can help me. I recently saw an episode of coast where they were talking about the seafront and "bottle alley" being designed by architect Sidney Little, but I can't find any information about his family. I remember going to Hastings regularly as a child and vividly remember bottle alley and the seafront, but my main reason for asking was the fact that my grandmother was Ellen Drew (nee Little) and wonder if he was a relation.

Richard

Re: Sidney Little

Postby Richard » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:26 pm

Sidney Little, MICE (1885–1961) was a civil engineer, he was born in Carlisle so there may be no connection between your grandmother who was Ellen Drew (nee Little), assuming that she was local to Hastings.

Ez Boorman

Postby Ez Boorman » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:01 pm

I realise there might not be a connection, but I would like to know one way or another :)

Richard

Postby Richard » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:50 pm

Hello EZ Boorman,

You could check the birth certificate for your grandmother, Ellen Drew, to find her parents, her father's occupation, and where they lived, via the General Register Office.
Parish records and census data are another route.
You need to know when your grandmother was born/died, where she was born/died and her age at death, perhaps.

Return to “Lost Relatives / Friends”