Labour - a rethink

If it's not Hastings related post it here! Politics, religion, whatever you like!
Richard

Re: Labour - a rethink

Postby Richard » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:40 pm

Okay so Clive Lewis is a bit of an egocentric person who needs to grow up a bit but the same could be said for Boris with his depictions of Tank-Top Gays and Muslim women looking like letter-boxes.

cbe

Postby cbe » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:48 pm

You have to be careful not to catch Colin's whataboutery affliction. What the hell has Boris got to do with Lewis' comments? In addition to that - where did you get the idea I was a Boris fan?

Richard

Postby Richard » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:50 pm

cbe,
I love Boris for his cheerful buffoonery and buoyancy and a 'can-do' attitude.
i disliked Corbyn for his serious and miserable diatribes although he was probably doing his best for society at large, looking beyond Brexit.
Nobody wants to hear a tired-looking old man do they? Especially when militant Union types are lining up in the back ground.
Simple as that for me and Mrs. T. May was a miserable and tired looking Tory leader who lacked charisma and almost anything to do with matters that did not involve Brexit.
I don't think I said you were a Boris fan, but does it even matter?

ColinL

Postby ColinL » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:50 pm

'Whataboutery' a term I believe emanates from the political right to avoid having to discuss anything that contradicts a right wing political suggestion and conclusion without having to go through the annoying stage of debate and justification for the belief.

You and the Seahermit are prime examples. You put forward a claim that you expect people to accept as indisputable and then get angry and throw in ad hominem attacks when anybody challenges. Political propositions do not and cannot exist in a vacuum immune from analysis

I am still waiting for you to explain your bizarre sentences that I have asked you to do twice, under another message. You complain about me and then come up with this.
"red-eyed, power-to-the-people, it was Fatcha's fault"

Yet another example of not being wiĺling to discuss, as opposed to making statements.

The little seahermit might want to give some examples of hints of her gender she claims were in many posts, but I expect that she will come up with a standard response of, "there are lots, look for them", or against me saying my posts are littered with insult but strangely has never been able to provide a single example.
Last edited by ColinL on Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cbe

Postby cbe » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:01 pm

Colin - keep the red flag flying and chase the running dogs of capitalism from the country.

cbe

Postby cbe » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:02 pm

Richard - because I had posted what Lewis had said and you replied to it and immediately went on to a comment about Boris I assumed you thought that would (as I say) be whataboutery. I therefore assumed you thought I was a Boris fan

Richard

Postby Richard » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:56 pm

Rather than reading the tea-leaves over immediate domestic political issues I am rather more concerned that some of 'our' leading Tory politicians are now lending vocal support to the possible threat from Iran's potential for nuclear capabilities, over the next couple of years.
Why is this happening now?
Trump leads the way and the Tories follow, Labour under Blair made the same overtures/mistakes and this led to questionable action against Iraq.
At least Corbyn would have been very wary and suspicious of 'upping the anti' or supporting Trump's foreign policy goals in the middle east, which are surely a cause for concern.

cbe

Postby cbe » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:34 am

I will not try to defend Tory policy but your comments on Corbyn are laughable. Corbyn would have been wary and suspicious? Corbyn would not do anything to defend this country - he has made that clear countless times. He would' talk' to our would-be enemies and probably change their minds with the power of his rhetoric? Or he would think that with his support for (most of) the Middle East for decades he would be immune from any attack by the mad mullahs.As regards
the USA (Trump or not) he would take ANYONE'S side before the evil Satan.

These traits in Corbyn's character coupled with his belief system, are part of what makes Labour's would-be supporters unwilling to support him. The British working class are, in the main, very patriotic and would rush to defend this realm and its interests - the Labour hierarchy are of a different mindset.

Richard

Postby Richard » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:33 pm

cbe you said:
'The British working class are, in the main, very patriotic and would rush to defend this realm and its interests'
Yes! of course but, regardless of Corbyn's attitudes/beliefs ( and he will soon be toast) we are not now under attack from Iran.
Tony Blair's Labour went onside with the U.S.A. and committed troops and weapons when the U.S.A, suggested Iraqis were about to develop weapons of mass destruction and embroiled us in their war.
We were never under threat of attack from Iraq.
I just fear that the Tories are more likely to side with the U.S.A. under Trump, in attacking Iran.
It depends more on who is in power at the time but the same theme continues.
We've been readying jets for the Americans since the days of the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962.

ColinL

Postby ColinL » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:13 pm

Cbe You have a very simplistic and tabloid based knowledge of Corbyn's policy on our defence and of the Middle East. You state that Corbyn has supported 'most of the ME for decade'. You seem to think that the ME is a singular entity which can be a trait of a very limited outlook on the world, of us and them. He has been a supporter of the right of self determination of nations without the armed intervention by nations on spurious grounds. As Richard says there were no WMDs and Bush/Blair were aware of the dubious claims.

Corbyn has opposed Britain selling arms to countries who use them on civilians such as Saudi and Bahrain amongst others. Bahrain even targeted doctors whilst treating patients who had been engaging in civil protest. British arms. Let me tell you of America organising a coup against the first democratic secular govt of Iran under Mossadegh, and replacing it with a monarch. I know those are inconvenient facts, but they are facts. I have told you numerous times but you ignore facts you don't like. Corbyn attended the Centotaph with Jewish ex servicemen friends - and unlike other leaders going for drink in the foreign office normally stayed at the event talking to other veterans.
And yes he consistently criticises other hard line regimes although your tabloid friends say or imply he does not
Just what is your problem with a person seeking to obtain peace without mass killing? As I think probably a hero of yours Churchill said, if we did more jaw, jaw, jaw we might avoid war war war

You have still avoided explaining what your peculiar expression was meant of 'red eyed power' etc. It is confusing for everyone. Try using standard terms readers can understand then we might think you are genuine. Try facts they are useful in a discussion

Return to “Non-Hastings Chat”