Speaker(s) for an Acer Aspire PC

Computers, Internet, Mobile, TV, Audio etc - Help & advice on your tech questions.
seahermit

Re: Speaker(s) for an Acer Aspire PC

Postby seahermit » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 am

No problem at all now logging in on my PC. Very odd!

Thanks for your link, Richard, will check that out. It looks like a very useful article.

Richard

Postby Richard » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:58 am

seahermit, If you go to the 'home' button on that link it will go through just about everything you need to know about Home Cinema, even though you were not asking about that specifically, every aspect of speakers and sound systems, etcetera, is listed in fairly simple terms.

It will take me some time to look through, or just dip into.

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:18 am

Well, I'm sure the guy who put together the Home Cinema article meant well .. but it's a bit like asking how to change a spark plug and being given a text book on how a motor car is assembled.

Washed completely over me, I'm afraid, obviously some of it I could absorb if I studied it at length, but I don't need to do that or understand all the complexities.

Thanks anyway, Richard! What did emerge was that the multi-coloured ports at the back of the TV are absolutely not compatible with the single Aux-in port on the Bluetooth speaker. Obviously some kind of conversion is needed but I am no nearer knowing what form that should take.

Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:55 am

seahermit, I see it like this, you go on a course, and instead of taking exception to certain information that you find unhelpful you just take out those parts that benefit you.

I posted a link to the conversion unit (on Amazon) previously, but never mind it looks as if you don't want to hear anything from your tv except through the internal speakers.
I am not trying to make you do anything you don't want and just enjoyed the learning process.

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:17 pm

I am not being ungrateful, Richard, I appreciate very much your advice.

But I simply did not understand the article. Without my being already acquainted with the technical jargon, many terms (unexplained) meant little to me. I could not find an answer to my problem, how to convert the single aux-in cable to the coloured ports on the TV, or whether it is even possible.

Return to “Technology Chat”